Most revolutionary feature created for a forum software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harmor
    • Aug 2003

Most revolutionary feature created for a forum software?

Out of all the features added to any forum software which one do you thing was the most revolutionary?
  • Freesteyelz
    • Jan 2006

Plugins

Comment

• chewbacca
      • Sep 2004

Excluding the "basic" things like categories, posting, etc., I would say the ability to quick reply has changed things the most.

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

I'd probabley say the ability to grab RSS Feeds from other sites to your own. Thats quite a powerful new option that admins have open to them now.

Comment

• CeleronXT
          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by chewbacca
          Excluding the "basic" things like categories, posting, etc., I would say the ability to quick reply has changed things the most.
          I was going to say the same thing. So basic, and yet so essential.
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Dean C
            • Mar 2002
            • 3.5.x

How has quick reply changed the way the way in which we use the software? It's just one less page to reply on. It has done nothing to revolutionize forums. I'd have to say that the introduction of private messages was the most "revolutionary". It allowed one-to-one interaction instead of group discussion.
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• chewbacca
              • Sep 2004

One less page makes more of a difference than it seems with linear thread displays. Everyone complained when I tried removing it.

Comment

• MJM
                • Dec 2001

The revolution is still in the making.

Forums are not only for interactive dialogue. Forums are also publications.

As a daily journal of ongoing discussions, &/or compiling featured posts towards a periodical publication, it is the editing/managing tools vB provides that makes this possible.

With the additions of a few extra functionalities, and a front end - content vs chronological - publishing interface, the revolution from a forum discussion software to a publishing software will have officially arrived.

Mark

Comment

• bahbah
                  • Dec 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Whose Online - without a doubt

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...