Message morgue

It rhymes
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• Creepshow
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

Hey thanks xjuliox, I appreciate that.

Am I the only one seeing some random placeholder? It seems to work for everyone else.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• xjuliox
        • Sep 2005
        • 3.7.x

Is just taking alittle longer for you.

I was going to PM you this site! I'll just post it looks really cool!

Check both links there 2 different sites.

Visit Halloween Horror Nights, the premier Halloween event, at Universal Studios in Los Angeles, Orlando and Singapore.
        Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• Creepshow
          • May 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by xjuliox
          Is just taking alittle longer for you.
          It was working fine for me earlier. Its been working on and off for about 2 days. Right now I'm getting this placeholder, and it was doing this last night too.

Anyone have any further ideas as to what is going on?
          "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

It could be a load balancing thing. One of your ISP's DNS servers has it, but another one doesn't, and your request is randomly sent to a server that doesn't happen to have it correctly set up yet.

Temporarily switch your DNS servers on your computer from whatever your ISP provides to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2, and see if the problem is fixed.

You can forcibly set the name to resolve to a specific IP via the hosts file, but I would strongly recommend that because suddenly your computer will behave differently from every other visitor to your site.

How it resolves for me:
            Code:
            Non-authoritative answer:
            Name:   messagemorgue.com
            Address: 63.251.92.195
            I repeated the query a few times and got the same IP, so there's no load balancing going on there.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Creepshow
              • May 2005
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by filburt1
              It could be a load balancing thing. One of your ISP's DNS servers has it, but another one doesn't, and your request is randomly sent to a server that doesn't happen to have it correctly set up yet.

Temporarily switch your DNS servers on your computer from whatever your ISP provides to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2, and see if the problem is fixed.

You can forcibly set the name to resolve to a specific IP via the hosts file, but I would strongly recommend that because suddenly your computer will behave differently from every other visitor to your site.

How it resolves for me:
              Code:
              Non-authoritative answer:
              Name:   messagemorgue.com
              Address: 63.251.92.195
              I repeated the query a few times and got the same IP, so there's no load balancing going on there.
              Thanks for the help but when you say ISP, do you mean my domain registrar, hosting provider or internet access provider?

Comment

• filburt1
                • Feb 2002

Whoever gives you Internet connectivity.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Creepshow
                  • May 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by filburt1
                  Whoever gives you Internet connectivity.
                  Why don't I get this problem with my other namecheap domains? If this is only happening with messagemorgue.com, how can it be an ISP-related problem?

Thanks for your help

Comment

• Freesteyelz
                    • Jan 2006

Go to run, type "cmd" and in the console type "ping your_website_url_here" and see which IP comes up. If your DNS has updated the nameservers it should point to the current IP. You can try to flush it by typing "route -f". Or simply wait as Joe mentioned as sometimes it takes a few days to update itself.

Comment

• Arsenik
                      • Nov 2001

Try flushing your dns cache... Start - Run - Type cmd - Type ipconfig /flushdns then enter... repeat a couple of times... See if that helps.

Comment

• Freesteyelz
                        • Jan 2006

Ahh, yes...Thanks for the correction of ipcofig /flushdns.

Comment

• Creepshow
                          • May 2005
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Freesteyelz
                          Go to run, type "cmd" and in the console type "ping your_website_url_here" and see which IP comes up. If your DNS has updated the nameservers it should point to the current IP. You can try to flush it by typing "route -f". Or simply wait as Joe mentioned as sometimes it takes a few days to update itself.
                          Hi

I've done it and the IP address that it shows is 63.251.92.195

If I enter this URL into my browser address bar and click go, the following comes up:

"We're sorry, but we were unable to process the redirection request for the site you are attempting to access.

If you feel that you are receiving this message in error, please check the URL and try your request again.
                          W1 (RF)"

Is this significant? What does this mean? Does it mean there is a problem at my end?

Comment

• Creepshow
                            • May 2005
                            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Arsenik
                            Try flushing your dns cache... Start - Run - Type cmd - Type ipconfig /flushdns then enter... repeat a couple of times... See if that helps.
                            Just tried it four times, and no luck. I'm still getting a weird placeholder page when I go to my domain.

Any other ideas?

Comment

• Creepshow
                              • May 2005
                              • 3.5.x

Ok guys, update:

I've just discovered that if I enter messagemorgue.com (with NO www.) then it is redirecting fine for me. However If I enter www.messagemorgue.com, it is not working correctly.

Is this happening for others? If you all could test this and let me know that would be really really helpful towards me getting this sorted.

Thanks so much everyone for the help so far, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

Any ideas why this may be occuring?

Thanks everyone

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                                • Nov 2001
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Creepshow
                                Ok guys, update:

I've just discovered that if I enter messagemorgue.com (with NO www.) then it is redirecting fine for me. However If I enter www.messagemorgue.com, it is not working correctly.

Is this happening for others? If you all could test this and let me know that would be really really helpful towards me getting this sorted.

Nick, it redirects me with or without the www, it is kind of strange that it won't work with the www prefix for you.
                                It shouldnt really matter if it is entered or not.. Strange.
                                For more info see: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question180.htm

Do you have a www directory on your sites root directory? You should be able to see it when logging on with FTP..
                                Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Mon 18 Sep '06, 4:53am.
                                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...