Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeTLive
    replied
    fix is grand!

I used a modification of what was presented here.
    I changed from 5 -> 4
    and I dropped the History menu (just as much functionality from ctrl-h )
    left the bookmarks menu to get to the "Organize Bookmarks" window.

details here http://www.townlines.com/wordpress/?p=55

-miket

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz
    Wasn't the Qute theme used during the 0.x days?
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Wasn't the Qute theme used during the 0.x days?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Hmm....i dunno. I like the old Qute theme better. The new theme however is definitely a step of improvement over the older default one.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    I agree. I like it, too.

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    The new GUI looks much better!

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Mozilla Firefox 2.0 RC1 how now been released. A new UI is included with this release.

Leave a comment:

• STG
    replied
    Not loving the GUI too much, but I'll stick to it.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by CeleronXT
    I don't believe they're sticking with this style for the final release. I think they're hiring a professional UI development team.

The arrow at the right side of the tab bar is their solution for people who open tons of tabs and can't read them all. For many people, it's useful.

I don't like the Alt+S switch either. At least there's a way to fix that.
    That's the nice thing about Firefox. You can "fix" almost anything by going into the Preferences Editor.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by MrNase
    I really wonder how stoned the developers were.

Not only the new style is ugly, the arrow at the right side of the tab bar is useless and changing Alt+S to something else is nothing more than a bad joke.

What comes next..? Total integration to Vista - leaving us Mac users alone? I hate to say it but it's time for a new browser! Shiira looks very nice, it's clean and simple.
    I don't believe they're sticking with this style for the final release. I think they're hiring a professional UI development team.

The arrow at the right side of the tab bar is their solution for people who open tons of tabs and can't read them all. For many people, it's useful.

I don't like the Alt+S switch either. At least there's a way to fix that.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F
    To 'fix' the Alt + S issue, see the fourth post in this thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=446830
    Thanks for that!

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    To 'fix' the Alt + S issue, see the fourth post in this thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=446830

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz
    It is possible to revert to the older behavior, although I personally prefer how it is now. And I also agree that the drop-down to the far right of the tab bar has little practical use.
    Oh, I didn't want to revert, just use stable and beta at same time. Aside from my Extensions (which I love what they've done with those) not working with beta, I love it! The only complaint is that the current tab is the same color as those not in focus, which is what confuses me. Along with the X gotten rid of on the far right, but I'll see how I can get that back.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Chousho
    Actually I like the new style, but I hate the fact that they got rid of the X on the right and replaced it with a tab... thing. I use that X every time I close a window, and now each one has their own instead? I can't tell which tab is current since I open so many, as all the difference is just bold or regular font. I need that X back in the far right!
    hahaha

I wouldn't jump browsers over a beta just yet.
    It is possible to revert to the older behavior, although I personally prefer how it is now. And I also agree that the drop-down to the far right of the tab bar has little practical use.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by Chousho
    Actually I like the new style, but I hate the fact that they got rid of the X on the right and replaced it with a tab... thing. I use that X every time I close a window, and now each one has their own instead? I can't tell which tab is current since I open so many, as all the difference is just bold or regular font. I need that X back in the far right!
    hahaha

I wouldn't jump browsers over a beta just yet.
    There's a way to change it back. I was just trying to search for it but didn't have much luck, but I know there's a way.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...