• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yves R.
    vBulletin QA
    • Nov 2003
    • 5.6.X

Originally posted by Quillz
    It's been moved to Alt+Shift+S. It's stupid, I know. Alt+S is now a hotkey to access your history. I wish there was a way to alter this; I preferred how it was before.
    Thanks

It's very stupid :/

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

I really wonder how stoned the developers were.

Not only the new style is ugly, the arrow at the right side of the tab bar is useless and changing Alt+S to something else is nothing more than a bad joke.

What comes next..? Total integration to Vista - leaving us Mac users alone? I hate to say it but it's time for a new browser! Shiira looks very nice, it's clean and simple.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Chousho
        • Jan 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by MrNase

Not only the new style is ugly, the arrow at the right side of the tab bar is useless and changing Alt+S to something else is nothing more than a bad joke.

What comes next..? Total integration to Vista - leaving us Mac users alone? I hate to say it but it's time for a new browser! Shiira looks very nice, it's clean and simple.
        Actually I like the new style, but I hate the fact that they got rid of the X on the right and replaced it with a tab... thing. I use that X every time I close a window, and now each one has their own instead? I can't tell which tab is current since I open so many, as all the difference is just bold or regular font. I need that X back in the far right!
        hahaha

I wouldn't jump browsers over a beta just yet.

Comment

• CeleronXT
          • Mar 2002

Originally posted by Chousho
          Actually I like the new style, but I hate the fact that they got rid of the X on the right and replaced it with a tab... thing. I use that X every time I close a window, and now each one has their own instead? I can't tell which tab is current since I open so many, as all the difference is just bold or regular font. I need that X back in the far right!
          hahaha

There's a way to change it back. I was just trying to search for it but didn't have much luck, but I know there's a way.
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Quillz
            • Nov 2004
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Chousho
            hahaha

It is possible to revert to the older behavior, although I personally prefer how it is now. And I also agree that the drop-down to the far right of the tab bar has little practical use.
            Forums

Comment

• Chousho
              • Jan 2004
              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Quillz
              It is possible to revert to the older behavior, although I personally prefer how it is now. And I also agree that the drop-down to the far right of the tab bar has little practical use.
              Oh, I didn't want to revert, just use stable and beta at same time. Aside from my Extensions (which I love what they've done with those) not working with beta, I love it! The only complaint is that the current tab is the same color as those not in focus, which is what confuses me. Along with the X gotten rid of on the far right, but I'll see how I can get that back.

Comment

• Colin F
                • May 2004

To 'fix' the Alt + S issue, see the fourth post in this thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=446830
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Quillz
                  • Nov 2004
                  • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Colin F
                  To 'fix' the Alt + S issue, see the fourth post in this thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=446830
                  Thanks for that!
                  Forums

Comment

• CeleronXT
                    • Mar 2002

Originally posted by MrNase

I don't believe they're sticking with this style for the final release. I think they're hiring a professional UI development team.

The arrow at the right side of the tab bar is their solution for people who open tons of tabs and can't read them all. For many people, it's useful.

I don't like the Alt+S switch either. At least there's a way to fix that.
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

• Quillz
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 5.0.X

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                      I don't believe they're sticking with this style for the final release. I think they're hiring a professional UI development team.

The arrow at the right side of the tab bar is their solution for people who open tons of tabs and can't read them all. For many people, it's useful.

I don't like the Alt+S switch either. At least there's a way to fix that.
                      That's the nice thing about Firefox. You can "fix" almost anything by going into the Preferences Editor.
                      Forums

Comment

• STG
                        • Sep 2006
                        • 3.6.x

Not loving the GUI too much, but I'll stick to it.

Comment

• Quillz
                          • Nov 2004
                          • 5.0.X

Mozilla Firefox 2.0 RC1 how now been released. A new UI is included with this release.
                          Forums

Comment

• MrNase
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 3.8.x

The new GUI looks much better!
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

• Quillz
                              • Nov 2004
                              • 5.0.X

I agree. I like it, too.
                              Forums

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                                • Jun 2002

Hmm....i dunno. I like the old Qute theme better. The new theme however is definitely a step of improvement over the older default one.
                                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...