Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soletrader
    • Jul 2006

Is it worth paying $300 for SEO?

I run 3.6 and have vbseo as well. Is it worth paying $300 a month on SEO through a third party? I could really use a second opinion. Thank you
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

$300 a month? You'd want to spend $3,600 a year just to have cleaner URLs? I say a definite no.
    Forums

Comment

• soletrader
      • Jul 2006

Thanks for the reply. How would I get my site optimized? I dont have a clue on coding and need to fix alot of coding for better search engine indexing/placement. Is there a service that provides this?

Comment

• Dean C
        • Mar 2002
        • 3.5.x

You'd be better off going to search engine consultancy, and a good one too. Search for 'Dan Thies', he's highgly regarded as the "go to guy" in this field
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Thomas P
          • Apr 2001

$300 a month is way to much.

$300 on a one time time basis is fair, quite "cheap".
          Last edited by Thomas P; Thu 24 Aug '06, 6:35am.
          www.MCSEboard.de
          German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

• tgillespie
            • Dec 2002
            • 3.7.x

$300 sounds like quite a bit, but if they promising a return, then its something to consider. If you've got an established site, but struggling on the advertisement side, then $300 a month is probably pretty reasonable for a professional. Most SEO gurus will charge $30 to $90 an hour which is far more than $300 a month.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• eD2K.biz
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by soletrader
              I run 3.6 and have vbseo as well. Is it worth paying $300 a month on SEO through a third party? I could really use a second opinion. Thank you

How much, was that a joke?

Comment

• princes275
                • Aug 2006

i t really depends on what you're being offere for $300. now i wolud say $300 a month is an excessive charge considering pretty much all of the on page optimsation is done in one go by any half decent optimiser at the start. There should be no reason to pay a regular sum unless of course you've taken out say a link campaign and the likes.

So it would be useful to know what you're being offered for the money and i can comment.

As a pointer for choosing the right company to optimise your site, goto google and search it using some of the key phrases that they have in their page title and text to see if they rank anywhere. If they dont show well in the results then they're not worth using!

sonia
                www.xelonline.com
                www.webdesign-manchester.com

Comment

• Icheb
                  • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Quillz
                  $300 a month? You'd want to spend $3,600 a year just to have cleaner URLs? I say a definite no.
                  SEO is NOT just cleaner URLs!
                  Reputable companies like SEOMoz.org charge 6 figures for SEO. Do you think all of that goes towards making URLs "cleaner"?

soletrader: Don't expect us to be able to read your mind and tell us what they are offering. Asking if $300 is too much is like asking "is this car worth $100.000?" without telling us what the car is.

Comment

• unitedpunjab
                    • Feb 2006
                    • 3.6.x

You have just 411 posts,there is nothing to optimise there.
                    First put some quality content in.
                    Also isnt Vbseo all in one on site SEO ? Atleast thats what they say.
                    UNP - Auto Forum India - Playway

Comment

• php_guru
                      • Sep 2006

I would say no UNTIL you find a firm who, beyond any shadow of a doubt, is able to prove to you their ability to deliver -- backed up by clients you can contact to verify the work, the results, etc.

When it comes to SEO, co-reg, and the like, I insist the company I'm considering working with bend over backwards to prove to me the quality of their work -- and they should shoulder all the work of providing the proof. If they leave it to you to figure it out... they're either not hungry for your business, or they're not confident in their own work.

Comment

• soletrader
                        • Jul 2006

Thank you for the advice guys. I have decided not to go with it until I get more members and more content.

I am focusing on creating backlinks through articles at this moment.

Comment

• Erez-Ws
                          • Dec 2004
                          • 3.5.x

invest 300$ in studing "coding"... it's much worth than invest it on SEO.
                          and you need alot of content... when you'll have conetent the traffic come by himself.
                          AUTO SIG CHANGE LEAK

Comment

• jward
                            • Jul 2005

Just for clarification, soletrader is quoting the price for a 3rd party SEO provider, not for anything provided by Crawlability Inc or the vBSEO team.
                            Viral Age Inc. Multiply Your Users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...