Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Freesteyelz
    Well, whatever the max resolution is for the LCD, use that setting only.
    I always use max res. Most LCD monitors these days tell you anyway if your not running the max res suited for that monitor and throw a message on the screen to inform you if your not. Like Filburt said, each to there own really. Some like widescreens some don't.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Native resolution is sharp.
      The rest is blurry.

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

I'd recommend the Dell monitors.
        Forums

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
          Well what I was getting at with the wide screens. Is they tend to act like a wide screen TV and stretch things like desktop background images. Ever seen Windows Home Desktop on a wide screen LCD. Looks awful and distorted on the XP Home logo bit. For me there like the wide screen TV's. the display just look weird and not right in wide screen. Thats why i personally would avoid them and stay with a standard square type LCD. plus not all games support them proper and look all stretched and strange
          That is not true.

There is no stretching on TFT's going on. It are just additional pixels - a bigger desktop. At least in native.

Comment

• MRGTB
            • May 2005

When I had a wide screen monitor before this (1 month old and gave it away to my dad). When I had the XP Home desktop as my image with the XP Logo on the right. It was out of proportion and did look stretched. So maybe as a general rule is doesn't like you say. But in some cases it can. Even my dad spotted it straight away and said that logo looks funny and fuzzy (stretched). Which it doesn't do on a normal none wide screen monitor. And yes the res was setup fine and so was the refresh rate...

I'm not saying it stretches everything, but they can look weird with some stuff though.
            Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 17 Aug '06, 12:27pm.

Comment

• Floris
              • Dec 2001

Well, of course. If you have a 4:3 sized wallpaper and use it on 16:9 and your wallpaper setting is to stretch (to make it fit) instead of center.. It will stretch.

Comment

• Joe
                • May 2000

I love having a 20" LCD (G5 iMac), but for usability and web development, I prefery having a dual 19" monitor setup.
                Bike Forums.net

Comment

• eD2K.biz
                  • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Floris
                  Well, of course. If you have a 4:3 sized wallpaper and use it on 16:9 and your wallpaper setting is to stretch (to make it fit) instead of center.. It will stretch.
                  Yeah thats true, Ops!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...