X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hostmm
    • Jul 2006

Which one you prefer?

Hi,folks
    I was just wondering which payment option you prefer? Moneybookers or Paypal? Which one is better? Your comments please
    Last edited by hostmm; Thu 27 Jul '06, 3:54am.
  • Colin F
    • May 2004

I primarily use PayPal.
    As far as I know Moneybookers is available in more countries though.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• WurkAnimal
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.5.x

I use Paypal and Worldpay to do all my transactions online. I've never heard of Moneybookers before.

Comment

• SaintDog
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.5.x

I've used PayPal for over 5 years, never had an issue with them that wasn't resolved. They're great to deal with and now accept CC's from non-account holders so there's really no reason not to use them, unless they are not available to your country.

Comment

• Quillz
          • Nov 2004
          • 5.0.X

I prefer PayPal myself. I've never even heard of MoneyBookers.
          Forums

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Quillz
            I prefer PayPal myself. I've never even heard of MoneyBookers.
            Ditto, paypal has been tried and true for me.

Comment

• chrispadfield
              • Aug 2000

I have used moneybookers to send large amounts of money from one country to another (much cheaper than a wire transfer) however I havn't used it to pay for anything online. I would be slightly suspicious of someone only accepting moneybookers, its a money transfer service more than an e-payment gateway.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Cole2026
                • Apr 2004
                • 3.6.x

I use primarely Paypal.

But I plan to switch over to Google Checkout when it is more widely adopted.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Paypal
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• someuser190826
                    • Oct 2002
                    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by hostmm
                    Hi,folks
                    I was just wondering which payment option you prefer? Moneybookers or Paypal? Which one is better? Your comments please
                    How exactly does MoneyBookers work? Can I directly deposit it in one of my bank Accounts?

Comment

• Rajappan
                      • Jul 2006

Paypal is the best. I haven't heard about moneybookers. Everybody opts for paypal. Its very secure. Also supported in more countries.

Comment

• Marco van Herwaarden
                        • Nov 2004
                        • 3.8.x

I also never heard of moneybookers before, but i just looked into it, and if they are fully legit (no reason to think otherwise for now), then they do have some similarities/advantage compaired to PayPal:

- Similar to PayPal: mail address is account name, send/receive money using CC and banktransfers
                        - Plus: They have some ESCROW system. When an order is made buyer immediate deposit the money and it is 'locked' for both buyer and seller. After the goods are delivered and found to be as agreed, the money is released to the seller (14-day acceptence period). In case of a dispute, the money can be returned to the buyer. This might be a good solution to protect against scamming by either party on for example paid modifications.
                        - They seem more up to date with their list of blacklisted countries. I had a bad experience myself with PayPal with this. I am from the Netherlands, and have a bankaccount from the netherlands attached to my PayPal account. I always access my Paypal account from the netherlands. 6 months (i think) ago i was on holiday in Croatia. and wanted to check if i had received a paypal payment, so i could transfer it to my (dutch) account. When logging in to paypal i got the message: You are accessing paypal from a blacklisted country (probably based on my ip at that time), your account may now be blocked. WTF! (Account was luckely never blocked, but couldn't access my money until back from holiday. AFAIK Croatia already lost it's high risk status years ago.
                        - I didn't see anything about an account needing to be verified with a CC to lift limits. There are still a lot of people who don't own a CC (or don't want to use it on internet).

Maybe it is worth a try.
                        Want to take your board beyond the standard vBulletin features?
                        Visit the official Member to Member support site for vBulletin Modifications: www.vbulletin.org

Comment

• Xtremefoob
                          • Jun 2006

I think PayPal is the most popular...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...