X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole2026
    replied
    Originally posted by Greps
    you know, press in US is no better than what it was like USSR. filled with utter bull**** and propaganda. I especially love the rants about poor and 'heroic' US soldiers who were killed in YET ANOTHER sandy country US were dumb enough to invade. oh well, lets hope iraqis manage to put those WMDs to good use. *cough*
    I believe it was Jefferson, whom believed that revolution will and must occur every x years for the American Government to survive. When I first read that, I thought to myself that he was out of his mind. Now, although, I'm actually thinking that he may have been very right. Time + Power = Corruption, we have given the government waaay too much time, and waay too much power over us, IMO, it's time again.

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by TalkMilitary
    USSR press was quite different, thank you very much.

As far as your hoping the Iraqi's put the WMD to good use, I sure hope you did not mean that the way I read it.

Either way, a poor topic to be discussed here.
    Just goes to show you that there are sick people like Greps in this world that would wish harm on others in the way that he just did. Sickening

Leave a comment:

• TalkMilitary
    replied
    Originally posted by Greps
    you know, press in US is no better than what it was like USSR. filled with utter bull**** and propaganda. I especially love the rants about poor and 'heroic' US soldiers who were killed in YET ANOTHER sandy country US were dumb enough to invade. oh well, lets hope iraqis manage to put those WMDs to good use. *cough*
    USSR press was quite different, thank you very much.

As far as your hoping the Iraqi's put the WMD to good use, I sure hope you did not mean that the way I read it.

Either way, a poor topic to be discussed here.

Leave a comment:

• Greps
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    The media has been censoring the information we hear from Iraq:

In its classic "fair and balanced" tradition, CBS slanted in favor of Democrats its poll that found Bush has a 34 percent approval rating and a 59 percent disapproval rating, an all-time high for a CBS poll. On the bottom of the PDF version of the poll (page 18) it says how many Democrats versus Republicans were contacted. "Total Republicans" contacted: 272 unweighted and 289 weighted.

Harry Belafonte spoke at the State of the Black Union on February 25. The event, which took place in Houston, saw Mr. Belafonte provide this definition of terror. He opined: "Sending young men and young women, sons and daughters from America, to murder people in other nations is an act of terror."

The Washington Post reports that the US is opposing the UN's feeble trotting-out of a new Human Rights Council, but doesn't bother to explain criticisms of the proposal. Almost 2/3 of the article is devoted to quoting the Council's supporters and describing the supposed "improvements," without any discussion of why these changes make things worse.The Post:

The Columbia Missourian reported on CBS's on-air apology for using a fake photograph on "48 Hours." CBS News issued a public apology at the end of Saturday’s “48 Hours” episode and on the newsmagazine’s Web site for altering a photo on the front page of The Columbia Daily Tribune. The photo was shown during a “48 Hours” segment about the conviction of Ryan Ferguson for the murder of Tribune sports editor Kent Heitholt. Henry J. Waters III, publisher of the victimized Tribune, took CBS to task for its "show business masquerading as journalism."

Hence, why we are only hearing about this now when there is a substantial report, and even then its coverage is only spotty at best. There was a Sarin Gas shell that an insurgent used against US soldiers two years ago but that never got much news coverage and was heavily downplayed.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    I'm just curious why, after all this time they haven't found any, reported back there were no WMD... and suddenly: Oh! We've been finding them since 2003.

... something ain't right.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin
    It's an article rehashing the fact that they have found old weapons that date to the Iran-Iraq war and were degraded to the point of being useless.
    If you've watched the news over the past 3 years you would already know this. I don't understand why they're digging up old news.
    Did you read the entire article? It says:

Asked just how dangerous the weapons are, Hoekstra said: "One or two of these shells, the materials inside of these, transferred outside of the country, can be very, very deadly."

The report said that the purity of the chemical agents -- and thus their potency -- depends on "many factors, including the manufacturing process, potential additives, and environmental storage conditions."

"While agents degrade over time, chemical warfare agents remain hazardous and potentially lethal," it said.
    That is hardly useless and considering the low LD50 of Sarin Gas, even at 1% efficiency, it would still be very deadly. I do not know why everyone who reads the article gets the idea that the weapons are useless.

Are people so uneased by this that they must find any evidence that will allow them to declare the weapons are useless so that they can live their daily lives and upon finding that evidence they must stop reading to avoid the possibility of reading conflicting evidence? I wonder, is anyone that seeks to declare these weapons impotent so secure in his theory that he would volunteer to test it?

Whenever someone mentions nuclear weaponry, people seek to expand the lethality of them to epic proportions but whenever someone mentions chemical weaponry, people seek to narrow the lethality of them to the point of non-existance. Do we really need a chemical Hiroshima to get people to view chemical weaponry as they do nuclear weaponry, and must everything be either the apocalypse or the equivalent of chickpox and not what it actually is?
    Last edited by Shining Arcanine; Sat 24 Jun '06, 6:36am. Reason: Appending questions

Leave a comment:

• Cromulent
    replied
    Originally posted by BamaStangGuy
    This is what I am talking about. This makes me angry. Stupid retarded videos like this make me angry. Thanks for taking this thread down hill.
    Why? Because it is provocative, or that it makes a point that you don't like?

Leave a comment:

• BamaStangGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by mentalrz
    I advise you people to watch this video about Bush joking about WMD...

Its a bit in you're face so i wouldnt recommend to the younger generation.
    This is what I am talking about. This makes me angry. Stupid retarded videos like this make me angry. Thanks for taking this thread down hill.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    It's an article rehashing the fact that they have found old weapons that date to the Iran-Iraq war and were degraded to the point of being useless.
    If you've watched the news over the past 3 years you would already know this. I don't understand why they're digging up old news.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by bfoot045
    /me agrees, this is probably just the Bush administration trying to resurrect their horrible poll numbers.
    He is in there for the last time, so I doubt they care much about public opinion at this point.

IMHO I don't care if they find them or not. We had no reason to go in there, the money would have been better spent here at home. We'll spend years cleaning up the problems this has caused up, and the people will be paying for every bit of it.

I'm still thankful to everyone that has served in this war (and all the ones in the past). I'm sick of seeing people putting down the guys over there, it's not their fault.

Leave a comment:

• Cole2026
    replied
    /me agrees, this is probably just the Bush administration trying to resurrect their horrible poll numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Hmmm does anyone else smell a whiff of propaganda?

Leave a comment:

• mentalrz
    replied
    I advise you people to watch this video about Bush joking about WMD...

Its a bit in you're face so i wouldnt recommend to the younger generation.

Leave a comment:

• cirisme
    replied
    Interesting. I do think that it will take decades before we ever fully figure everything out.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...