BlazeBoard/MyCool - Cheating Little <people>?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheez
    • Apr 2001

i had put this topic up last night but someone deleted my thread

Comment

• Jake Bunce
      • Dec 2000
      • 3.6.x

send a link to this thread to [email protected] and be done with it. he's the guy to tell about this stuff. where he goes with it is up to him, he's the head honcho.

agreed. it does look rather suspicious.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Trust me, we already know.

Comment

• thetakerfan
          • Jun 2000

if it is just a rip of vB, why is it that there are soo many vB features that still aren't part of oBB?

Private Messaging, Sub Forums, ICQ/AOL/Yahoo, I could go on

Comment

• Nicholas Brown
            • Oct 2000
            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by thetakerfan
            if it is just a rip of vB, why is it that there are soo many vB features that still aren't part of oBB?

Private Messaging, Sub Forums, ICQ/AOL/Yahoo, I could go on
            they only way it isnt like vB is that the logo says OpenBB - some people

Comment

• Hooper
              • Apr 2001
              • 3.5.x

Who Cares?

vB would never let anyone steal the software and resell it in the long haul anyhow if someone were truly stealing. Many knew about this before this thread was even written. Another thing, They claim that the obb (whatever) software will support Oracle, etc... More power to anyone who creates software that is not limited to mySQL. vBulletin should commercially support mySQL, Oracle, Sybase, etc... They are King are they not?

Actually I could care less about that either, not in the least. mySQL is fine. Copy cats make themselves look like idiots. If indeed they are copying. They don't need any help or publicity to look this way either. If there was a software to do this with... Have to admit, VB would be the one.. Aye?
              Last edited by Hooper; Mon 4 Jun '01, 7:35pm.

Comment

• jojo85
                • Jan 2001

Re: BlazeBoard/MyCool - Cheating Little Twats?

Originally posted by Nicholas Brown
                Well, after seeing that MR Johnathon is redeveloping BlazeBoard to a hosted solution called MyCool, I popped over to bbhacks.com

The administrator was giving out the address of this site: http://openbb.net which is gonna be the new name, openBB.

Is it just me or does that site look VERY familiar?
                I don't think so.....

Comment

• thetakerfan
                  • Jun 2000

I myself am a beta tester, and trust me, from what they let us see, it is not a rip.
                  There are still tons of things that aren't finished, and what is works differently than vB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...