What do you need to know to work at a...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Weapon-x
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.6.x

What do you need to know to work at a...

What do you need to know to work at a hosting company. Like what programs? I am looking into something for college in like server communication or something like that. But what do you need to know to work at a hosting company?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

A well versed backgroudn in general Opertaing systems windows linux etc. Ability to be able to work at the command line interface comfortable and efficently. Willing to read... ALOT of boring text, scan large config files for errors. Know just about everything

Generally if you have a solid background in networking hardware/software and take time to do some linux and windows server administration classes you'd be a prime caidnate for enetry level server adminitration.

Comment

• Lurk
      • Feb 2004
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Zachery
      A well versed backgroudn in general Opertaing systems windows linux etc. Ability to be able to work at the command line interface comfortable and efficently. Willing to read... ALOT of boring text, scan large config files for errors. Know just about everything

Generally if you have a solid background in networking hardware/software and take time to do some linux and windows server administration classes you'd be a prime caidnate for enetry level server adminitration.
      Yeah, it's hard to even scan HTML and PHP coding for errors..
      Let the flames begin.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

It all depends, I've grown very used to it, i don't have a single editor that does syntaxt highlighting and it helps me alot when I need to do things via the CLI

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...