Originally posted by Floris
        No worries, Microsoft will soon force reboot your computer
        It still won't be installed.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Razgo
          well i did find this article but it doesnt mention this not being able to reboot your pc. http://www.aviransplace.com/index.ph...he-next-level/

it just says you get a nag screen and are not able to update bu there is a work around for that too.
          Originally i was told that a PC would not boot, a week after the update was installed on an illegal system.
          That was false information, it appears now that the users must either buy Windows XP to receive anymore updates, or live with the nag screen and messages that the update installs..
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• $aba
            • Nov 2004

i lost my xp disk what should i do

Comment

• Joe Page
              • Sep 2002

Surprised they only just did this to be honest.

Comment

• filburt1
                • Feb 2002

They should just stop using activation/CD keys because they're obviously not effective. As much as it pains me to say it, the dedicated DMCA solution built into Intel Macs seems to be the most effective.
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                  • Nov 2001
                  • 3.8.x

Windows Genuine Advantage Update has already been cracked. I seen the crack posted on google this morning. Its simply javascript text you paste into your browser during the update, and it forces it to bypass the the trigger for the key check...
                  MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                  Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                    • Dec 2000
                    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                    Windows Genuine Advantage Update has already been cracked. I seen the crack posted on google this morning. Its simply javascript text you paste into your browser during the update, and it forces it to bypass the the trigger for the key check...
                    Probably the same crack as before when Windows Update refused to update illegal copies. It has been around for a while.

Comment

• klisis
                      • May 2000

Well..., I feel for you. It must be pretty haunting that no matter what you do, some simply won't pay for what they use.

Honestly, I am not sure how many are actually even using a genuine windows in Korea. You can download all windows series, even including windows server enterprise, and all kind of cracks for a very small fee on legal webstorage services. They even post new updates as they are put up by Microsoft. You don't need to visit the update page.

Comment

• KingSpade
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Apparently I was updated and didn't even notice the update, that or I've yet to be able to download it via Windows Update. The only updates I see are for the .NET framework which I've yet to download.

I can confirm though that the update doesn't seem to knock out as many computers as said. I've seen a computer using a corporate key (supposedly) that wasn't even affected. No nagging, no pop-ups, nothing. I know for a fact it isn't a registered copy either (no javascript bypass either).

Comment

• Xtreme Pain
                          Banned
                          • May 2006
                          • 3.5.x

When, just WHEN will Microsoft just LEARN that nobody is going to listen to them. Ive seen 6 walkthoroughs to get through this WGA stuff. Geez! Microsoft needs to realize, the more crap they put on updates, the more pirates will be finding exploits to it, all Microsoft is doing is releasing things which are then cracked out of your computer, seriously wtf?
                          Last edited by Xtreme Pain; Tue 9 May '06, 12:06am.

Comment

• Colin F
                            • May 2004

I think this is aimed more towards the corporate users who use illegal software, and others who don't know that they're using Windows illegally.
                            Best Regards
                            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Jedito
                              • May 2001

You might want to turn off automatic updates, or you system will fail next week.

Not that i support piracy at all, i just figure i would warn you of the new update that makes your system unbootable after a week..
                              This not even going to happen, most of the Windows XP system on the world are piracy copies, if MS do something like this, is in someway going to force to all those people to migrate to linux, and that's something that MS does not want to do.
                              Downtown Host LLC - Shared Web Hosting - Offering the best service since 2001.
                              LiteSpeed Support - Vbulletin Optimized servers

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                                • Nov 2001
                                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Jedito
                                This not even going to happen, most of the Windows XP system on the world are piracy copies, if MS do something like this, is in someway going to force to all those people to migrate to linux, and that's something that MS does not want to do.
                                Well currently thats the plan, not that many people use linux anymore for a workstation. Not like they use to about 3 years ago...
                                Its all gone mostly server based. Even for my Microsoft forums, i use Redhat Enterprise version 3...
                                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...