Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuyenmotdivad
    • Apr 2006
    • 4.1.x

Panda Internet Security 2008 and I have to say its the best security software I have used and I have used many.

Comment

• Mazinger
      • Jul 2005
      • 3.7.x

I don't use anything. Simply when my PC get ripped off, I back up using Norton Ghost.
      $post[signature]

Comment

• MRGTB
        • May 2005

I switched to AVG after I was getting nocd cracks being replicated in a folder in systems 32 a few years ago, that Norton failed to detect and remove. AVG detected it, removed it and also found two trogens also that norton failed to detect. I hate norton - it's a resource hog and it's rubbish.

I hear good things about NOD32 (I hear its the best Av out there, not a free one though).

That "Antivir" sounds interesting.

Comment

• bmc
          • Apr 2005

I don't need any anti-virus software out there. I use a Mac, so I don't have to worry about a single thing.
          The Relationship Forum
          The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

• DirectPixel
            • Jan 2002
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by bmc
            I don't need any anti-virus software out there. I use a Mac, so I don't have to worry about a single thing.
            Permission to execute this virus? Allow or deny? Denied.

Hi, my name is Alex, I'm a web designer and developer, and I'm a PC.
            :)

Comment

• rellek
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.8.x

I use AntiVir for years. It's free, it finds nearly everything (okok, besides the false alerts) and the guys are really quick with updating their servers for auto-update when discovering a new virus or worm.
              Meow!

Please excuse my bad English.

Comment

• Fusion
                • Aug 2001
                • 3.8.x

The corporate version of Norton SAV. The bloatware offered to home-users is evil.
                Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  Former Customer Support Manager
                  • Jul 2000

I used Norton for years even though it was always bloated and caused problems. However the final straw was Norton 360. I had nothing but problems with it every day and I blame it for destroying my hard drive and losing tons of data which I mistakenly thought I had good backups of.

Based on the recommendation of a colleague I switched to the paid version of AVG (for 5 PCs) but their technical support is awful (up to 2-3 days to get a response) and I still cannot get it to run properly on my laptop. They just keep telling me to do the same thing over and over again, as if it's going to have different results this time. Looks like a waste of money to me.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Fusion
                    • Aug 2001
                    • 3.8.x

Oh, I feel for you, Steve!
                    As a comparison, I too run Norton SAV on 5 PCs, and it runs flawlessly. No problems no matter what I'm compiling and whatnot. The update script runs hourly (cronjob)and I've yet to get a hint of a problem, be it virii or otherwise, going on 14 years now.

No, no joke. Knock on wood, the thing has been very kind to me.
                    Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Milado
                      • Mar 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I use Kaspersky which is very good for me.
                      Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• vince_juv
                        • Aug 2007

I choose Zone Alarm, 2nd priority is AVG antivirus... but both are not on your poll...

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 3.6.x

None

Managed to not have any viruses in the last 3 years without any Anti Virus program.

Comment

• Dream
                            • Mar 2001
                            • 3.6.x

Avast home edition, free, and lighter than Norton. Their support forums helped me also when I thought I had a virus. They were very nice.
                            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• kuyenmotdivad
                              • Apr 2006
                              • 4.1.x

I changed mine from "Panda Internet Security 2008" because when I was going on the forum my username is not active and its using the usergroup "Ex-Member", So I cant use there forum so I cannot pay them for the software.

Now I use "Microsoft Windows Live OneCare" and I am very happy with it.

Comment

• ani
                                • Aug 2007

Re:

I am using AVG, free and best one................

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...