Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andrewpfeifer
    • Oct 2000
    • 3.5.x

Like DirectPixel, I just ordered an e1505 on Wednesday evening.

Using some coupons, I ended up getting $850 off of the total price. I later got my shipping upgraded to next-day for free after only asking about my shipping status on their online support system.

Here are coupon codes that should work for you (on Inspiron notebooks configured over $2,000):

$750 coupon: ZRFVGS97PK1F1?
    $100 stackable: 43shs371z9m09r

I ended up ordering my e1505 with the T2500 Core Duo (2.0ghz), 2.0gb RAM, 80gb hard drive, and the x1400 256mb graphics card. The graphics card is the only thing I'm worried about. Although not bad, it's definitely not top of the line.

Good luck, and I will post a quick review of mine when I get it.
    - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• filburt1
      • Feb 2002

I had a Dell 9300 at work. That thing was a tank: WUXGA+ (or whatever; 1920 x 1200) and must have weighed 11 or 12 pounds, and of course got 1.5 hours of battery life, probably because of the Geforce 6800 and 7200 RPM drive I had it configured with. It wouldn't even fit in my backpack designed for carrying laptops.

It was a tremendous development machine, but only due to the high resolution. So I agree with the comment that 1920 x 1200, which is even higher than 1080p, must be heaven in a 15" form factor.

My main personal portable--the one I own--is a Toshiba Portege M200 tablet PC. 1.5 GHz Pentium M, 1.5 GB RAM, 12" screen at 1400 x 1050 overlayed with an actual Wacom tablet digitizer. I'm very partial towards convertible tablet PCs and would have even considered upgrading to the newly released Core Duo M400 if only they didn't butcher it by taking out the Geforce FX 5200 Go and replacing it with worthless Intel Integrated GMA950 graphics. Despite being slower in nearly every other aspect, my M200 gets a higher 3dmark rating than an M400.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.8.x

I have a Pentium 4 Compaq Presario R3000, i love it , its a great laptop and the hardware is supported by XP and Windows Vista. But if i was to buy another laptop, i would likely buy a Dell.
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Vile
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

I just got an M170, and although the physical size is fairly large, it's really not too heavy, considering the hardware under the hood; 8.5 lbs IIRC. Since it can run such heavy duty apps & games, it was well worth it for me.
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• dilbert
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer
            Like DirectPixel, I just ordered an e1505 on Wednesday evening.

Using some coupons, I ended up getting $850 off of the total price. I later got my shipping upgraded to next-day for free after only asking about my shipping status on their online support system.

Here are coupon codes that should work for you (on Inspiron notebooks configured over $2,000):

$750 coupon: ZRFVGS97PK1F1?
            $100 stackable: 43shs371z9m09r

I ended up ordering my e1505 with the T2500 Core Duo (2.0ghz), 2.0gb RAM, 80gb hard drive, and the x1400 256mb graphics card. The graphics card is the only thing I'm worried about. Although not bad, it's definitely not top of the line.

Good luck, and I will post a quick review of mine when I get it.
            Thanks for the info. What are the coupons you refer to? Where do Iget them, or use them?
            Cliff
            PathLabTalk
            Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

There posted right there, ammount type: coupon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...