Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petermw
    • May 2001

web based ftp solutions

Can anyone reccomend from personal experience a good web-based ftp client that I can install and customize for multiple users? Trying to allow certain "writers" for the site to upload and utilize images in their posts, and FTP software is beyond their current understanding.

Thanks!
    Peter
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

I use occasionally a system called Webshell 4. It looks like it's bundled with my CP Software but I'm not sure.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• WurkAnimal
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.5.x

I cute CUTEFTP. Cheap and works like a dream

Comment

• ManagerJosh
        • Jun 2002

Ritter, it's not a webbased client though.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• petermw
          • May 2001

Thanks I'll take a look at webshell 4. I appreciate the suggestion and will get back with some feedback.

Best,
          Peter

Comment

• WurkAnimal
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
            Ritter, it's not a webbased client though.
            Sorry Josh. I didn't read all of his post

Comment

• feldon23
              • Nov 2001
              • 3.7.x

Surprised nobody mentioned Net2FTP.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.8.x

Features of World’s Number Web Based FTP Navigate the FTP server Upload and download files Edit files (WYSIWYG and syntax highlighting) View code with syntax highlighting Copy, move, delete (also to 2nd FTP server) Rename and chmod (also recursive) Zip and unzip files Install software Search for words or phrases Calculate the size of […]

net2ftp is a web based FTP and SSH client. It is mainly aimed at managing websites using a browser. Edit code, upload/download files, copy/move/delete directories recursively, rename files and directories -- without installing any software.

Free WebFTP service - FTP Interface in english, espanol, francais, deutsch, ...

http://bizpartner.com.my/ftp2 - very nice once it loads..
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...