X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgillespie
    • Dec 2002
    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by IDN
    I won't be selling stock for my website.
    You dont have to go public All corperations need share holders. You would issue stock to yourself. 1 share at however much you think your company is worth, or divide up the shares.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Vtec44
      • Jan 2005
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by IDN
      I believe S-Corp is like a LLC, a limited form an Incorporation. I'm just not sure about having to send in minutes, etc. How's the tax filing and business filings on an LLC for you? What are you required to do at the end of the year?
      From what my wife told me, we filed a 1065 for the LLC and take the figure and add it to our 1040 form. That's about it. LLC fee is about $800 in California regardless if you're making a profit or not. The rest of the profit will be taxed as personal income. From what I was told, corporations are taxed on the profit as a company, and if you take out the profit you will be taxed again at the personal income level. Again, I don't do the taxing for my company so I'm just saying
      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• IDN
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.5.x

I'm probably going to file for an LLC. I spoke with someone I know in real life as they own and LLC. Luckily my business name I want is available in my state for both Inc and LLC.
        Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• tgillespie
          • Dec 2002
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Vtec44
          From what my wife told me, we filed a 1065 for the LLC and take the figure and add it to our 1040 form. That's about it. LLC fee is about $800 in California regardless if you're making a profit or not. The rest of the profit will be taxed as personal income. From what I was told, corporations are taxed on the profit as a company, and if you take out the profit you will be taxed again at the personal income level. Again, I don't do the taxing for my company so I'm just saying
          Wow. In Colorado the state runs specials where you can get a LLP, LLC, Inc, etc. filed for $50. I'm sure California's ecomerce is a little more booming than Colorado, but $800 still seems kind of pricy.

Comment

• IDN
            • Apr 2002
            • 3.5.x

Yes, $800 seems a bit much. Anyone recommend a registered agent service? There seem to be so many out there to choose from. Should cost around $100 year, forward mail and calls.

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
              • Oct 2000
              • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              Unless you have a particular reason why you want to become an LLC or Incorporate, it's better not to do so. LLCs can get messy, especially when it comes around to tax time.
              This is very true, however the things said about liability and sole proprietorships are true as well. One thing you may want to look into doing is filing as an LLP (Limited Liability Partnership). Depending on the laws in your state, you may be able to do this with only one person. This will allow you to bypass some of the hassle created by incorporating, but will still offer you the liability protections.

The best thing to do for this is to contact a lawyer who is familiar with this stuff in your state; we can offer advice, but they're going to be able to tell you what the best course of action for your particular situation is.

Best of luck!
              - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• tgillespie
                • Dec 2002
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by IDN
                Yes, $800 seems a bit much. Anyone recommend a registered agent service? There seem to be so many out there to choose from. Should cost around $100 year, forward mail and calls.
                Your looking for an agent to represent your company or looking for someone to file for you? I know in the state of Colorado, it took 10 minutes online to file. If you need assistance filling out paper work or reading legal ramifications, I would highly suggest a lawyer over a agency firm.

Comment

• IDN
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 3.5.x

No, not for filing. For being my registered agent. There are services out there that will use their address/phonenumber/fax to act as your registered agent in case you are served all companies are required to have a physical address listed. I don't feel like using my real address as that gets you a ton of freaking spam, and other reasons.

Prices I have seen range from $100 to more a year. I am just curious if anyone has used one? They usually are the businesses that will file for you but they also have a service.

Comment

• Vtec44
                    • Jan 2005
                    • 3.7.x

You can either rent a PO box or a mail box. Companies like http://www.mbe.com or http://www.postnet.com can also do it if they have an office nearby. THey'll accept all mails, parcels, etc if you need someone to sign for it.
                    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• IDN
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 3.5.x

You can not use a mail box or a PO Box as you registered agent here in Washington.

Q: Do I need a Registered Agent? What do they do?
                      A: All Corporations, LLC’s, and registered Limited Partnerships doing business in Washington must have a Registered Agent with a Washington State address. The Registered Agent may be an individual or any other organization qualified by our office to do business in Washington. The Registered Agent receives license renewals and other notices and forwards them to the organization. The agent also accepts legal papers served on the corporation.

The Registered Agent must provide a physical address at which the agent is available for service of legal process. The agent may provide a PO Box address in addition to a physical address.

Comment

• IDN
                        • Apr 2002
                        • 3.5.x

Just an update. I went with LLC.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Hmm... IDN, LLC. Has a nice ring to it
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• IDN
                            • Apr 2002
                            • 3.5.x

Not the name of the LLC.

Comment

• Vtec44
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 3.7.x

Cool, so where can I download all the adult videos form you??

Comment

• IDN
                                • Apr 2002
                                • 3.5.x

I won't release them until I get my LLC paperwork.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...