X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

I just signed up for Google AdSense.

What I want to know is if the money that I will potentially make is going to be taxed? And if so, how much?
    Forums
  • IDN
    • Apr 2002
    • 3.5.x

Yes, Google is a legal Business within the United States. How much you are taxed is depending on your status.
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
      • Oct 2000
      • 3.5.x

You will receive a 1099-MISC from Google before your taxes are due, and you will (I believe) need to file a 1040 Schedule C. The Schedule C is the form used to report gain/loss from a private business (sole proprietorship). I believe you still need to file a normal 1040 as well, but I didn't fill my taxes out this year so I'm not completely sure.

Hope that helps you a bit.

Edit: You will only receive the 1099-MISC if you make more than $600 during the year.
      - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• joeychgo
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Quillz
        What I want to know is if the money that I will potentially make is going to be taxed? And if so, how much?

You need to check with a tax accountant, but as a rough figure, 30% i the US.
        Building my Automotive Forum Network...
        Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...