X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TruthElixirX
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.6.x

Typing Software

I currently type at 55 WPS raw and 45 WPS corrected. I'm looking for some software that will help me up my speed a bit. I'm looking for something free. Any suggestions?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Play MUDs and MUSHes, though I guess today you need fancy graphics and sound so MMOs would suffice... They'll increase your typing speed. When I was playing them in school, I could do 120 WPM easily. Now I can only do 60 WPM due to various reasons.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Vile
      • Jul 2002
      • 3.6.x

Personally, I don't think you really need any software, and your typing will get better with more use of the computer, but a popular line of typing software back in the day was Mavis Beacon:
      The best known brands in consumer software for over 30 years. Whether you are looking to make greeting cards at home, learn typing, do a newsletter, create a scrapbook, start a business, get clip art or learn typing, we have the right software title for you. Our titles can make things easier and help you to improve your life.

I currently use a MS Natural keyboard, and can eaisly do 140-150 WMP. It just takes practice.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• TruthElixirX
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.6.x

Thanks for the link.

I've been at 55 for a little over a year now though is why I was trying to find some specific software.

Comment

• Scootertaj
          • Dec 2004

I can't find the link for the site, but a program my high school uses is SouthWestern Keyboarding.
          Helped me get up to 90 WPM, along with Diablo II

Comment

• DirectPixel
            • Jan 2002
            • 3.5.x

Play Typing of the Dead. It's a port of House of the Dead, except to shoot, you have to type out letters. It's amazingly fun and addictive.
            :)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...