AMD Forums Hacked...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • _| () R | Z
    • Oct 2002

ironicly, IPS is also HOSTING the amd forums.....
    Originally Posted by Zachery
    John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
    We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

• grabassgirl
      • Feb 2006

I run VBulletin and we have the same thing happening to my sites as what happened to the AMD place. I was told by my server company that it was an exploit in the VB software.

Does anyone know anything about how to get rid of this? I have had my server comany remove all instances, but it creeps back in several hours later. My server company told me to get in touch with VB to see what they know and I have a ticket in, but does anyone know anything about this exploit?

Any member of mine that visits my sites thru IE or AOL browser gets a virus.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by grabassgirl
        I run VBulletin and we have the same thing happening to my sites as what happened to the AMD place. I was told by my server company that it was an exploit in the VB software.

Does anyone know anything about how to get rid of this? I have had my server comany remove all instances, but it creeps back in several hours later. My server company told me to get in touch with VB to see what they know and I have a ticket in, but does anyone know anything about this exploit?

Any member of mine that visits my sites thru IE or AOL browser gets a virus.
        Sorry, I have no idea what you are talking about. You should start a new thread with all the relevant info.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Dec 2000

Boxy asked for more information about 2 hours ago in a ticket.

I'll have a look at it but it looks like your template was edited which means someone has DB access, i'll investigate once we have more information.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• cirisme
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by _| () R | Z
            ironicly, IPS is also HOSTING the amd forums.....
            Oops.
            TheologyWeb. We debate theology. srsly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...