• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain_Gossip
    • Nov 2005
    • 3.5.x

Chat integration

Hi,

I know there are different chat scripts, but this script really integrates very nice with vbulletin: http://www.123flashchat.com/

If you want to see the integration have a look at our website: www.airlinecrew.net The chat link is integrated in the top navigation and the statistics can be seen integrated at the bottom of the page.

Since I am also very satisfied about the assistance I got from the makers, I thought why not share it with you. Hopefully you like it!

Paul
  • feldon23
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.7.x

Costs $200. More than vBulletin. What a joke.

Comment

• ChyK
      • May 2005

I just bought it last week for $5. Does work nice.

Comment

• Captain_Gossip
        • Nov 2005
        • 3.5.x

Sorry, was just trying to share a nice script. I am sure a 5 dollar script does not integrate that nice. does not have auto-log-in, etc. etc. Thanks for your kind feedback!

Comment

• feldon23
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.7.x

FlashChat from TuFat.com is $5 and integrates fantastically. It has auto log-in from vBulletin, etc. etc.

Comment

• Captain_Gossip
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.5.x

Well, believe it or not, I am very satisfied with it. People are able to download the chat, avoiding firewall problems, They made all customizations for me and integration. Worth the money for me.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Moved... Not a suggestion for the vBulletin software.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                • Feb 2005
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Captain_Gossip
                Well, believe it or not, I am very satisfied with it. People are able to download the chat, avoiding firewall problems, They made all customizations for me and integration. Worth the money for me.
                Download Zoom GIFs for Free on GifDB. More than 50 Zoom Animated GIFs to download.

I see that you have very deep pocket? This software is far out of reach for most people here, plus all those addon's and other things are enough to place a down payment on a car? I will stick with tufat.com FlashChat as I think it has a Help Desk feeature unlike 123flashchat, which you need http://www.123livehelp.com/buy.html to make it work or you can use what your Host provides in free scripts. I see that it is only limited support and upgrades? I like the free upgrades for life at tufat.com.

Comment

• Captain_Gossip
                  • Nov 2005
                  • 3.5.x

It is not that I have deep pockets. Our members however make donations because they like our community. In return, I try to give them the best options like vbulletin and the chatroom I suggested.

You probably all like the other script better. Fine with me. I was just trying to make a suggestion and apparently it is not appreciated. will stop doing that in the future!

All the best.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • Dec 2000

I appreciated it. It's always nice to see whats out there and what most people dont realise is scalability.

The solution you pointed to has a nice java server, it probably uses very little memory and can handle a few hundred more connections than the PHP solution people are using.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Nitro_007
                      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                      I appreciated it. It's always nice to see whats out there and what most people dont realise is scalability.

The solution you pointed to has a nice java server, it probably uses very little memory and can handle a few hundred more connections than the PHP solution people are using.
                      Yes its nice to see whats out there, but that price is way out IMPO.

You could get yourself a huge iRCD shell for a lot less (1000 user on a good fast stable line is around 15-20 USD) and have far more functionality and control with it, build an integrated java client ie: PjiRC open source java client, into your site and members also have the option of their own choice clients. You have full control and its also very easy to have your website(s) and irc chat room(s) interact with each other and other websites aswell.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                        Former vBulletin Developer
                        • Dec 2000

The IRC servers have there own user database, it's not like they integrate with your current site very well.

Also explaining nickserv, chanserv and memoserv. The applets out there also have all these extra features that would probably cause more confusion to some of the more basic users. Not everyone has a technical grasp as most people here do.
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Nitro_007
                          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                          The IRC servers have there own user database, it's not like they integrate with your current site very well.

Also explaining nickserv, chanserv and memoserv. The applets out there also have all these extra features that would probably cause more confusion to some of the more basic users. Not everyone has a technical grasp as most people here do.
                          I did not say the ircd server integrates altho I am sure it could be made to, most ircd's have some form of mysql capability even if its via an extra module and most ircd delevopers are unlikely to charge anywhere near that for a custom userDB integration for mysql.

The java clients can very easily integrate with both your server/chatrooms and vbulletin. There are hordes of freely available scripts out there that can make an irc chatroom interact with your website and vice versa and thrid party websites. For an ircd server which uses password protection you would have no need to ever mention chanserv nickserv etc.
                          These extra terms are also really only needed by those who become regular irc visitors to your server/rooms and the extra terms will become natural to the member during the time spent in irc, if your server is publicly open that is.

I am also pretty sure a java server is also going to use a whole lot more memory compared to an iRCD package that is designed for the job and has been in development for far longer. iRCD's are also designed to link by means of Hubs and Slaves meaning if your membership is really succseful its no real issue to expand the irc capabiltiy and redundancy again with little expense.

I am not saying the product isnt good, however @ 1600 USD for a 1000 connection licence is rather a lot of dough when really its only advantage I can see is you can take it further by having videa chat integrated aswell. But I dont see that that one major feature really out weighs the 1000's of other features that can be freely added to an irc setup.

Of course its all about what you want, just impo there are still times even today when eye candy is less. I know which way I would spend my money.

I also question the legality of its inbuilt message history log system and privacy laws. I doubt many who install this 123flashchat would even consider stating to their members who enter that everything they type/say is recorded. It would only be the select few websites who would not breach privacy laws and had good reason to have all messages logged. As this is an advanced means of telecomunication im sure its required to state under the DPA that conersations are recorded, just as when you telephone any major company it is announced when its company practice to do so. Just like all premises that carry surveilance equipment in many countries today need to pay a DPA licence fee if that survielance system has recording capability and visitors msut be aware by means of prominent signs stating the fact.

Comment

• xjuliox
                            • Sep 2005
                            • 3.7.x

What doesn't intergrate with me is the price of the chat program. I can bet that everything that program does. Flashchat does it as well like filesharing, 50 members per room, unlimited chat rooms and on...
                            Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

• lilybony
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Nitro_007
                              I also question the legality of its inbuilt message history log system and privacy laws. I doubt many who install this 123flashchat would even consider stating to their members who enter that everything they type/say is recorded. It would only be the select few websites who would not breach privacy laws and had good reason to have all messages logged. As this is an advanced means of telecomunication im sure its required to state under the DPA that conersations are recorded, just as when you telephone any major company it is announced when its company practice to do so. Just like all premises that carry surveilance equipment in many countries today need to pay a DPA licence fee if that survielance system has recording capability and visitors msut be aware by means of prominent signs stating the fact.
                              About the legality,thank you for your suggestion.
                              An idea come to my mind .I'm just wondering what can us do on the internet then ?? ?
                              when you open a website,it seems your IP might be recorded . when you enter a forum ,you registered and the forum have your name ,even password to be recorded, your email and somehting like that as well. Maybe you 'd like to use PM,it's private message,is it safe? sorry , your PM aslo can be viewed by the forum owener/admin/hacker///..........So I realize it's a common sense to know that your personal message might be recorded when you online. Not only the chat product itself.
                              And ,the point is 123 flash chat it's a compnay who do chat program to forum-owner/website-owner,not to end-line user, so if you have a site you 'd better to announce the private legality.Right?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...