Those of you who are who are not familiar with HTML...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Doctor Swole
    • Jan 2006

Those of you who are who are not familiar with HTML...

Those of you that have no knowledge whatsoever in HTML that run your own sites, how do you manage to create your website. I would really like to know because I dont know anything about HTML and would really like to start creating my homepage....
  • Creepshow
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

Haven't you already asked this?: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171389
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Zecherieh
      • Oct 2000
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Doctor Swole
      Those of you that have no knowledge whatsoever in HTML that run your own sites, how do you manage to create your website. I would really like to know because I dont know anything about HTML and would really like to start creating my homepage....
      Honestly - I can tell you exactly how almost everyone started (at least a few years ago before you actually could learn anything about it in school)

We just did it - and to some extent, convinced ourselves we knew what the heck we were doing - and just did it - figured out how to do each and little tiny thing to do - as we went - and figured out what exactly what we had to do, as we went.

Today - I think there has to be 7000 websites on the web that will tell you how to do more than enough to get started - not to mention a whole bunch of books in the library, and a whole bunch of books in the store.

The other option is to do what everyone else does that doesnt know HTML - pay someone that looks at you like you are nuts if you ask them if they know HTML.

Comment

• roosevelt
        • Jul 2004
        • 5.0.X

HTML really isn't important to run a website. Like if you use a content management system the html part is taken care of by it. As for me, I just jumped into web-design. And never really learned HTML by reading just by reading website's source codes and memorizing the basic code tags. And then I used WYSIWYG editors like Dreamweaver and Frontpage to design basic pages without worrying about HTML codes. Slowly this is how HTML just got installed on my head. Later I bought books to learn PHP to extend my capabilities with the web . It also helps if you learn HTML at your school and some basic CSS.
        Out to Change the world!

Comment