Starting vBulletin websites (3 months or less)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WurkAnimal
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.5.x

Just started a couple of weeks ago, random / offtopic forum board.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

Originally posted by NashTax
      www.randomw.com

Just started a couple of weeks ago, random / offtopic forum board.
      Nash: How come your URL changes like every 6 months? Isn't this your 5th forum or something? Just curious

Comment

• Creepshow
        • May 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Floris
        Nash: How come your URL changes like every 6 months? Isn't this your 5th forum or something? Just curious
        lol yeah I've wondered this too.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• WurkAnimal
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.5.x

Because I probally don't like the domain names or I sell them (buyers ask)or I'll change my mind and dev that domain name into something else. I've just registered another one and will be online in a few hours, just having a support issue at the momment. Still keeping RandomW.com as a forum, bought another Lisense, thats all.
          Last edited by WurkAnimal; Sun 24 Sep '06, 9:32am.

Comment

• DanaSoft
            • Oct 2003

Sure, I'll throw a new site in the mix.

http://www.vbispy.com - a vbulletin forum aggregator - admins can add their sites and see a "digg style" display of new posts to forums in a live feed. Users can view discussions in topics of interest and see what is being talked about and where, sending them to those site to engage in discussions.
            Last edited by DanaSoft; Mon 25 Sep '06, 4:14am.

Comment

• V3RT1G0
              • Sep 2006
              • 3.6.x

A gaming, graphics, photoshop, and off topic board.

Just started today and we have about 12 members but we still have to add a couple of more things to finish it off...

Comment

• ForumDog
                • Aug 2006
                • 3.6.x

Age:1 day! Maybe you can guess why I'm adding it to the newbies list.

It's a forum about building forum communities and the software etc used to do so. If you want to promote your forum or give advice to others about doing so, there you go. And give advice regarding the software, of course. And there's an Off-Topic as per usual.

It's not terribly fancy, it's supposed to be very clean. Possibly of particular interest is an adaption of the Post Thanks modification which you can find on vbulletin.org, which is used here to produce a Digg-effect on posts and threads which I think I recall being asked about a few times here.

So yes. We'd love to hear your feedback and hey, even garner a member or two if you'd like to join.

Comment

• lsatblu
                  • Aug 2006

Tales Otaku - http://talesotaku.com/forums

Opened on 10-05-2006.
                  last + blue = lsatblu

Tales Otaku Admin - Tales Forums Admin

Comment

• The Chief
                    • Aug 2005

I just started our new Zune resource site and forums.

Check it out!

myetalk | Music, Bands, Friends and Forums.

http://www.myetalk.com

Comment

• Steve1071
                      • Oct 2006
                      • 3.6.x

I just went online last night --

The 213 is an entertainment website for discussing film, dvds, celeb's entertainment news, etc. It will supplement our website (when it finally gets back up after the server move).

My question for those that just started and have found an audience quick is -- how did you guys advertise your forums and get it populated with people who post? Adverts of your system aren't so accepted these days on other forums so.. Where do you get the exposure?

(forgive me if the answer is already here - I haven't read the whole thread yet)

Anyway - my vB forum is at http://forum.the213.net
                      -- the two one three --
                      Movie Reviews, Interviews and more.

www.the213.net
                      forum.the213.net

Comment

• dmiller68
                        • Oct 2006
                        • 3.6.x

I hope I'm doing this right we just luanched our site about 3 weeks ago... Still doing tweeking but here it is www.pregamelobby.com

Comment

• The Chief
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Steve1071
                          I just went online last night --

The 213 is an entertainment website for discussing film, dvds, celeb's entertainment news, etc. It will supplement our website (when it finally gets back up after the server move).

My question for those that just started and have found an audience quick is -- how did you guys advertise your forums and get it populated with people who post? Adverts of your system aren't so accepted these days on other forums so.. Where do you get the exposure?

(forgive me if the answer is already here - I haven't read the whole thread yet)

Anyway - my vB forum is at http://forum.the213.net
                          I like the design, looks neat

Comment

• The Chief
                            • Aug 2005

Originally posted by dmiller68
                            I hope I'm doing this right we just luanched our site about 3 weeks ago... Still doing tweeking but here it is www.pregamelobby.com
                            I hope you have a good journey, managing a forum is nothing for newbies

Comment

• dmiller68
                              • Oct 2006
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by The Chief
                              I hope you have a good journey, managing a forum is nothing for newbies
                              So I'm learning...

Comment

• SmashinYoungMan
                                • Oct 2004

Guess I'll post mine as it is just over one month old.

I'll readily admit, advertising is the weakest point in my web development skills. I guess because that's the part I really hate...the part that actually feels like work. lol

Granted, this isn't the sort of topic that generally draws tons of forum regulars. Even the biggest space-related forums such as those found at space.com, bautforum.com rarely have more than 30 active members on at any one time.

Still, it is based on a subject that I hold dear, and it was a joy to create and have it exist, even if it never sees more than the 50 members it currently has. Since the forum is up and running, I'm going to turn my attention to adding more frontpage content. That should, at least, help with the search engine referrals.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...