X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kier
    Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
    • Sep 2000

1000 posts Oscar Speech

Well, this is my 1,000th post, so I thought I'd mark this momentous occasion with a few words...

First, I'd like to thank you all for coming here, I'm greatly honoured to be in your company.

Secondly, I'd like to thank John, for writing vBulletin 1.0, without which, none of this would have been possible.

I'd like to thank freddie for being a generally miserable git who always takes great pleasure in pointing out coding errors I make

I'd like to thank Tim Berners Lee for coming up with the WWW... we'd be pretty stuck without that wouldn't we?

Thanks are due to Me2be, who always sticks up for me when people are mean Also I must credit Infopop, for giving me a reason to want to work on writing a better forum system...

I'd like to thank my Mother, (Hi Mum!), my sister, my girlfriend Jo (who has abandoned me to go on vacation this week...), my cat, the neighbours' cat, the bloke next door, the dustbin men, my computer, my bed (I promise to spend more time with you soon, bed), my other computer, my server farm, the spider on the window, British Telecom (not), oh, my computer upstairs, the noisy contractors outside the window...

boo hoo hoo blub blubber (isn't that how Oscar speeches are supposed to end?)
  • TommyBALL
    • Feb 2001

*the crowd goes wild with applause*
    MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
    A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

• Nicholas Brown
      • Oct 2000
      • 1.1.x

Re: 1000 posts Oscar Speech

Originally posted by Kier
      Well, this is my 1,000th post, so I thought I'd mark this momentous occasion with a few words...

First, I'd like to thank you all for coming here, I'm greatly honoured to be in your company.

Secondly, I'd like to thank John, for writing vBulletin 1.0, without which, none of this would have been possible.

I'd like to thank freddie for being a generally miserable git who always takes great pleasure in pointing out coding errors I make

I'd like to thank Tim Berners Lee for coming up with the WWW... we'd be pretty stuck without that wouldn't we?

Thanks are due to Me2be, who always sticks up for me when people are mean Also I must credit Infopop, for giving me a reason to want to work on writing a better forum system...

I'd like to thank my Mother, (Hi Mum!), my sister, my girlfriend Jo (who has abandoned me to go on vacation this week...), my cat, the neighbours' cat, the bloke next door, the dustbin men, my computer, my bed (I promise to spend more time with you soon, bed), my other computer, my server farm, the spider on the window, British Telecom (not), oh, my computer upstairs, the noisy contractors outside the window...

boo hoo hoo blub blubber (isn't that how Oscar speeches are supposed to end?)
      You also forgot to thank Me for all my nagging, and the cows (mmmmooo)

Comment

• jojo85
        • Jan 2001

Re: Re: 1000 posts Oscar Speech

Originally posted by Nicholas Brown

You also forgot to thank Me for all my nagging, and the cows (mmmmooo)

Lol

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.6.x

Hmm.... and I'll be hitting 5000 in a month or so.

Comment

• George L
            Former vBulletin Support
            • May 2000
            • 3.8.x

congrats Kier and here's to many more posts
            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Me2Be
              Lady Moderator
              • Jun 2000

Re: 1000 posts Oscar Speech

Originally posted by Kier
              Thanks are due to Me2be, who always sticks up for me when people are mean
              LOL, hey, I ALWAYS stick up for my guys!!! I'm a bully mommy here!

Comment

• tubedogg
                • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                I should be hitting 2000 in about 3 weeks.

Congrats Kier...Just try and catch me...Mwahahaha!

Comment

• George L
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • May 2000
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                  hehe that's cause i let you go ahead Ed j/k
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Me2Be
                    Lady Moderator
                    • Jun 2000

Originally posted by tubedogg
                    I should be hitting 2000 in about 3 weeks.
                    Kev, that gives you a little time to get YOUR speech ready!

Comment

• tubedogg
                      • Feb 2001

LOL Me2Be I can see it now...

Thanks to all those who had problems with my hacks so I could escalate my post count...

Comment

• George L
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • May 2000
                        • 3.8.x

LOL Me2Be I can see it now...

Thanks to all those who had problems with my hacks so I could escalate my post count...

ah HA! the truth has been revealed LOL

Comment

• tubedogg
                          • Feb 2001

Yes, I've secretly been making simple coding errors in my hacks just so people would come and report errors, thereby allowing me to ask them complex questions in return, ensuring I would have to post even more to explain!

Oh dear, I've said too much!

I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...

Comment

• chrispadfield
                            • Aug 2000

lol Kier,

so long that is the first and last time BT ever get thanks for anything i will be able to rest in peace.
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk
                            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• George L
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • May 2000
                              • 3.8.x

Yes, I've secretly been making simple coding errors in my hacks just so people would come and report errors, thereby allowing me to ask them complex questions in return, ensuring I would have to post even more to explain!

Oh dear, I've said too much!

I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...I was never here...

now how else do you think i got my post count the way it is ... by asking waaaaaaaaaaay tooo many questions on everything and anything related to vB - thanks to Chris in the early days with many of those answers hehe

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...