Someone can share php file upload software?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erez-Ws
    • Dec 2004
    • 3.5.x

Someone can share php file upload software?

I want to build a site like http://imageshack.us
    is there any free php software?

Thanks,
    Erez.
    AUTO SIG CHANGE LEAK
  • dreamer81
    • May 2005
    • 3.7.x

pm me for info
    My site
    www.coolservice.dk

Comment

• Erez-Ws
      • Dec 2004
      • 3.5.x

Watch your PM.

Anyone else can help?
      AUTO SIG CHANGE LEAK

Comment

• kimkhue
        • Dec 2005

this is mine

Do you like it ?
        If yes, i'll share it

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
          • Oct 2000
          • 3.5.x

This whole post can be ignored if you have no intent on monetizing your site, but if you do it may be worth a read.

Just to shed some info on a site like this..

I actually wrote a script with a friend some time back that had the functionality of ImageShack, and a little bit of the photo album functionality you can find on Photo Bucket or other sites. Our intent was to monetize the traffic we would be getting, and I'm assuming that's what you intend on doing also (why else put a site like this; unless for a small group of friends maybe?).

Well, it's not a bad idea. Until you realize that in order to convince people to change from ImageShack or Photo Bucket you're going to need to be able to provide them with a reason to switch to your new site. This market isn't the best to try to jump into. Let's assume you do succeed in gaining a substantial amount of traffic, and move on to the next problem that you'll run into. The traffic coming to your site is going to be coming solely to look at the pictures hosted on your site, and the ads that will be served up will more than likely not be even remotely targetted at what the picture relates to. This is going to cause a horrendous click-thru for you, and more than likely low paying clicks because of poor conversions for the advertisers. Now, it is possible to make up for this with huge amounts of pageviews, as even a .5% click-thru when you're getting 200k pageviews is 1000 clicks. Add in the poor conversions for the advertisers, and you might be looking at anywhere between 10 cents and 25 cents a click, or $100-250 for those 200,000 pageviews. That's a decent amount for some people, but would that even pay for the bandwidth necessary to provide the images for those 200,000 pageviews?

Now, don't take this as me trying to tell you not to try this, but just take this as a heads-up as to how much work it may be for a relatively small payout. If you're looking for monetization of a website, just remember "content is king". Unfortunately, images don't seem to work in the true sense of content, and I found that out the hard way.
          - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• ilk604
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.5.x

that's pretty good reply there, andrew. I was about to make a webwsite similar to imageshack/photobucket. but your after reading your comment, I'm kind of rethinking my plan now.

I think the free image hosting is kinda saturated, too many sites out there trying to claim market share. http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-image-hosting.php. and there is www.imagebucket.net.

I think the next big step is trying to think what is the next big idea, an idea that no one has thought of yet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...