X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • steven s
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Andrew111888
    I was 14 when I bought my owned license.
    When I was 14 about the only computer I knew of was this.
    Attached Files
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• cbiweb
      • Apr 2004
      • 4.1.x

WOW! Now there's a golden oldie for ya! Man, that takes me back 2 or 3 years.
      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• monky91
        • Dec 2005

lol now

So whats the diferent between leased license and owned licensed?

Comment

• Floris
          • Dec 2001

Basicly a leased license is $85 for 12 months. You get permission to run one copy for 12 months. Renewal for 12 more months is again $85. License expired? You can't run it anymore.

And a owned license is $160 for unlimited months. You get permisson to run one copy for an unlimited period of time. You are not required to renew it each year in order to keep running it.

Bot licenses come with 12 months download access and free support. The leased license support expires when the leased license expires. The owned license support does not expire if your owned license expires.

Leased is good solution if you know you will run a forum for a shorter period of time. The owned license is a better solution in the long run.

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
            • May 2003
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by monky91
            I'm a 14 yrs old boy. I just wondering that can vBulletin lower their price so that more people can use their service.

I really can't affort their price... so sad.
            Collect aluminum cans. About 30 per pound @ 40+ cents. Mom cashed her 6 bags in for $63 the other day.

Makes free bread and butter money.

Chris
            "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
            is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
            ~~~
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
              Collect aluminum cans. About 30 per pound @ 40+ cents.
              And here we are in California complaining when cans drop under a dollar per pound to recycle. Think it is about $1.20 right now.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Cromulent
                • Oct 2005
                • 3.8.x

You get paid to recycle?! Heh I live in the wrong country.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Cromulent
                  Well actually, we pay a "recycle tax" everytime we buy a bottle, can or jar whether it is metal, glass or plastic. It ranges from 2 cents per 12 ounce can to 8 cents for larger bottles. When we take our empty containers to the recycling center, we get that money back as well as current market value for the containers (probably the 40 cents Chris gets). The recyclers get the tax back from the state and they sell the containers in bulk to large processors for a profit. The tax gets absorbed in daily shopping so when you go to the recycler's you get a nice bit of pocket change.

We can also put recyclables in a curb-side pickup bin but we don't get reimbursed for them. I put any item that doesn't have redemption values assigned to them in the bin. That usually includes cardboard, newspaper, magazines, phone books, milk cartoons, and plastic bags.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• patriotcow
                    • Nov 2004

You get paid in the UK to, its 1p per aluminan can thats been cleaned

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                      • May 2003
                      • 3.6.x

Every country pays to recycle metals.

Stainless, iron, steel, aluminum and alloys. Free for the taking if thrown out. It's like garage sales, you go searching not only for a bargain, but looking for something for value to resell at a much better profit.

Anther novel way to gain money is by rockhounding too. Certain areas have unique rocks, that once polished (quite easy with a rock tumbler with some polishing grit), or cut/polished/formed, can make serious money.

Around here we have chocolate brown agate that's free for the taking along roads and quarry refuse piles, that makes nice colored jewelry...

And making beaded necklaces takes zero time to learn how to stand and knot. You can learn it in less than a day. And you don't even need to form them into beads.

Or if you're learning the jewelry trade...

There's a lot of stuff, that if you're young and adventurous, you can seek out for a nice profit for your time.

See how laziness equals pound foolishness, too?

Chris
                      "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                      is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                      ~~~
                      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...