Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMusicMan
    • Oct 2002
    • 3.7.x

Anyone else seem to be experiencing some issues with this release of Firefox?

I seem to be experiencing some issues with text entry in the editor when posting in various vB forums. For no reason that I can quickly identify, sometimes the cursor jumps down to a new line when I have only typed half way across the width of the forum editor... very strange.

I have to use delete/backspace a few times to remove the line break. This happens not on all threads... just a few... and I can't seem to find anything common that would help identify what the casue is.
    John

Comment

• Dean C
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.5.x

I wonder if the gold release fixes the issues with the QuickTime plugin crash
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Onimua
        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by TheMusicMan

I seem to be experiencing some issues with text entry in the editor when posting in various vB forums. For no reason that I can quickly identify, sometimes the cursor jumps down to a new line when I have only typed half way across the width of the forum editor... very strange.

I have to use delete/backspace a few times to remove the line break. This happens not on all threads... just a few... and I can't seem to find anything common that would help identify what the casue is.
        Nope, haven't noticed any of that, and this is the third computer I've used so far while working with FireFox. =/
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Dec 2000

I've not experienced that either.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Dan
            • Dec 2002

Anyone know if they fixed any of those nasty memory leak issues yet?

/me occasionally has to end proc firefox.exe

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

Only thing that I have experienced is that there is no insertation cursor when you first enter the editor. It doesn't show up until you start typing. First few posts made me think something was wrong.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Dan
                Anyone know if they fixed any of those nasty memory leak issues yet?

/me occasionally has to end proc firefox.exe
                I haven't had it go over 100 MB yet in memory usage. Still high in my opinion for a simple browser but it hasn't spiraled to 900 MB like 1.0.7 used to.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dan
                  • Dec 2002

Yea I just noticed that took me a couple tries to figure that out.

Comment

• SpArKs
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                    Yay, it came out today. Look at the draggable tabs and the faster forward / back operations. You can also notice some display bugs fixed with fieldsets in the search page!!
                    Cheers Scott, downloading now.....

Comment

• Scott MacVicar
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • Dec 2000

I've been browsing all day and at one point had 20 tabs open, its now at 45mb with 7 tabs.
                      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

84 MB here with two windows... 9 tabs in one and 1 tab in the other.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• someuser190826
                          • Oct 2002
                          • 4.0.x

180k with 18 tabs.

Comment

• KeithMcL
                            • Jun 2000
                            • 3.6.x

I have noticed this. Also, if I copy some info from a HTML, PHP, Quote box on a vB page and paste into the quick reply box it enters what looks like a table cell. Strange!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• TheMusicMan
                              • Oct 2002
                              • 3.7.x

That's it Keith... exactly as I am experiencing...
                              John

Comment

• _| () R | Z
                                • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                                (I have about 7,000 bookmarks).
                                you collect them?
                                Originally Posted by Zachery
                                John originally presented vBulletin to Infopop, they didn't take it, so he took it and sold it

Originally Posted by Martin
                                We had to do a lot of arm twisting to get him to do it, though. I would imagine he still hates us.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...