X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

New Ipods again?

Learn how to set up and use your iPod touch. Find all the topics, resources, and contact options you need for your iPod touch.

Anyone know of any good reviews? I'm thinking about getting one of these here soon.

I've always wanted an ipod, and I've had several other lower end mp3 players and never been satasified.
  • filburt1
    • Feb 2002

Pros: An attractive, thinner-than-ever iPod enclosure with a bright, detailed 2.5” display. Three major audio bugs fixed (and only one minor new one ...
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

I expected you to be first, reading now.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

It would be nice if the viewing screen was the lenght & width of the ipod, just make it a flip open like a laptop/notebook. 2.5" TV is what phones have? They should of think bigger than that.

Comment

• Vile
          • Jul 2002
          • 3.6.x

I was thinking about getting this, but I'm sticking to my 40GB iPod Photo, and using my PSP for videos.
          The video files for the new video iPod have to be files supported by Quicktime, and since I have hardly any that will work with it, I'm not in the mood to do mass conversion...
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

I could honestly care less about the video part being a main factor, I like the storage size (I can offload my music collection to the ipod) and it looks nice.

If I had any other verison I'd probally not upgrade.

I keep things long after I buy them.,

Comment

• Radon3k
              • Nov 2001

Does anybody know when they are going to release more TV shows for the new video iPods? Right now they only have 5 and I'm assuming they're going to release more I'm just not sure when. I'm also curious to know what shows they'll release as well.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

I'm reading good reviews mostly, and it definity seems like I'm going to get the new one

My mini will have a new friend soon!

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                  • May 2003
                  • 3.6.x

Personally I stay clear of fadware. It's overpriced and I'm not into peer marketing (actually get angry over it). So don't have an interest in iPods (but I do have a cute little emoticon I made of a smilie with one).

Chris
                  "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                  is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                  ~~~
                  Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Never been a fad for me, I've always wanted one because I want a portable music player that can serve as my music storage and replace my cd changer for my car. The ipod seems to suit this task best.

Comment

• jamesyfx
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by ChrisLM2001
                      Personally I stay clear of fadware. It's overpriced and I'm not into peer marketing (actually get angry over it). So don't have an interest in iPods (but I do have a cute little emoticon I made of a smilie with one).

Chris
                      *thumbsup*

My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                        • May 2003
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                        Never been a fad for me, I've always wanted one because I want a portable music player that can serve as my music storage and replace my cd changer for my car. The ipod seems to suit this task best.
                        To me it's marketed too hard and gets the label "fadware" (anything from Apple is about status, and I long avoided their snotty push to be Yachtsmen of the computing world). iPod will have it's purpose but it's not for true music enjoyment (at any rate for any digital music player).

The world is analogue (sound is truly analogue). Only man makes it digital, and destroys it's beauty in the claim of trying to make it more "pure". NOT!

Chris
                        A classical musician
                        "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                        is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                        ~~~
                        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• filburt1
                          • Feb 2002

I could honestly care less about the video part being a main factor, I like the storage size (I can offload my music collection to the ipod) and it looks nice.

If I had any other verison I'd probally not upgrade.

I keep things long after I buy them.,
                          Good, because it's hardly the best video player. Excellent music player, though.
                          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Dick " When will these silly humans discover the far superior vinal format" (or somthing like that from third rock from the sun)

Anyway, I made up my mind and I'm gonna go with it a soon as I can find a good way to get it into my car stero via a itrip like device or casset

Originally posted by filburt1
                            Good, because it's hardly the best video player. Excellent music player, though.
                            Video was never a selling point to me, I never would have bought an ipod photo either, but if its waht their selling for the same price, no arguments from me.

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
                              • Oct 2000
                              • 3.5.x

Dick " When will these silly humans discover the far superior vinal format" (or somthing like that from third rock from the sun)

Anyway, I made up my mind and I'm gonna go with it a soon as I can find a good way to get it into my car stero via a itrip like device or casset

Video was never a selling point to me, I never would have bought an ipod photo either, but if its waht their selling for the same price, no arguments from me.
                              If you have an aftermarket deck (or maybe even a stock deck in a newer car, not sure) that has an auxiliary in that accepts RCA, or some other proprietary adapter that will hook the RCA up to the deck, it's worth it to go that way. The sound quality as opposed to the iTrip or some other FM broadcaster will be much better. The only downside to this is that it runs around $50 to get all the cables, if not more. If you'd like some more information on how to do this I can try to get it for you, just let me know.
                              - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...