Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conqsoft
    • Jul 2003
    • 3.6.x

I'd like to see AEI sue Jelsoft over their Gallery.
    vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• James Goddard
      • Dec 2004
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by conqsoft
      I'd like to know if they really plan one before I wast my time writing an alternative to vbPhotoPirate Gallery...
      http://www.thescubastop.com
      http://www.midwestdive.com
      http://www.divepros.org

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
        Banned
        • Mar 2004
        • 3.6.x

If they have reason to I see no reason why they shouldn't to protect their investment.....

Comment

• conqsoft
          • Jul 2003
          • 3.6.x

So now AEI is the end-all be-all ultimate owners of anything photo gallery?

I think not.
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
            Banned
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.6.x

So now AEI is the end-all be-all ultimate owners of anything photo gallery?

I think not.
            Where did you get that from what I said?

I said if AEI has reason to believe and proof to back up that vBulletin did something illegal, like they have with vBadvanced Gallery, then why should they not pursue their legal rights?

Stop putting words into my mouth.

Comment

• conqsoft
              • Jul 2003
              • 3.6.x

Well, it IS a Gallery... That seems to be reason enough.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                Banned
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.6.x

Well, it IS a Gallery... That seems to be reason enough.
                Yea because they go around hunting down all the Galleries and suing them.

Can you provide me eveidence of this?

I keep seeing people refer to two incidence in the last 5 years that have occured. One was only an accustation and then the vBadvanced deal.

Until you show me a history of lawsuits from AEI on other galleries I fail to see why you can attack them as a company in such a way and disregard the evidence presented in this case.

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Apr 2000
                  • 3.6.x

We have enough threads relating to the whole vBadvanced/PP thing. Don't turn this into another one please or it will be closed.

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                    • May 2003
                    • 3.6.x

Thanks, Mike. Some of us r-e-a-l-l-y want official addons.

[whisper....vBLOG!]

Chris
                    "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                    is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                    ~~~
                    Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• James Goddard
                      • Dec 2004
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Mike Sullivan
                      We have enough threads relating to the whole vBadvanced/PP thing. Don't turn this into another one please or it will be closed.
                      Grr..ack...pffft...ok, I'll hold my tongue.

But seriously, I've already started writing a VBAGallery replacement. It could be done in a month. If VB has real plans to do it themselves then it would be foolish of me to continue. Where would be the right place to ask such a question? I'd be willing to sign an NDA...

James
                      http://www.thescubastop.com
                      http://www.midwestdive.com
                      http://www.divepros.org

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                        • May 2003
                        • 3.6.x

James, how about addressing it at the other sites (we're all reading them). This is a thread about Jelsoft's possible vB extensions.

Also understand Jelsoft doesn't want to get entangled in a third party affair. It's nice they're leaving the vBAdvanced thread open. If we all behave ourselves it can survive too.

Chris
                        ~~~
                        Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

• Webnower
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.7.x

We could really use an official vBGallery... I'm sure people here are sick of hearing about the PP/VBAG thing so I won't continue, but you know why it's needed more than ever now.

Someone here said something to the effect of "why pay when you can get it on vB.org?"... In my opinion, having a gallery or CMS programmed by the vB staff, backed by their excellent support and written with their great coding standards is much preferred over using something from some dude on a forum who's learning while he codes. Nothing wrong with learning in that manner, but when you want to run a professional, bug free site where everything is perfectly integrated... It often times just doesn't cut it.

Comment

• Colin F
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by TheHeggy
                            Someone here said something to the effect of "why pay when you can get it on vB.org?"... In my opinion, having a gallery or CMS programmed by the vB staff, backed by their excellent support and written with their great coding standards is much preferred over using something from some dude on a forum who's learning while he codes. Nothing wrong with learning in that manner, but when you want to run a professional, bug free site where everything is perfectly integrated... It often times just doesn't cut it.
                            In that respect, why buy vBulletin if you can use phpBB. I'm sure most people that have a vBulletin license know the arguments to this.
                            Best Regards
                            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• MRGTB
                              • May 2005

Originally posted by TheHeggy
                              We could really use an official vBGallery... I'm sure people here are sick of hearing about the PP/VBAG thing so I won't continue, but you know why it's needed more than ever now.

Agree with most of that

Comment

• ChrisLM2001
                                • May 2003
                                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Colin F
                                In that respect, why buy vBulletin if you can use phpBB. I'm sure most people that have a vBulletin license know the arguments to this.
                                Yep. And why we're poking, prodding, HINTING for Jelsoft to release official addons for vBulletin (or even a stand alone product, for those not interested in maintaining a forum).

It's about time Jelsoft has more than vBulletin, as the communities (and the internet) has changed since vB first came out. In those few years broadband came, as well as wifi, and cell phones that are literally small computers. It has changed the face of the internet, and with change brings more opportunities.

Like BLOGGING!

Chris
                                ~~~
                                Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...