Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whatupdoc
    • Oct 2005

XBOX 360 or PS3

which one are you planning on getting? for me, i'll get the XBOX 360 because i love the xbox that i got right now. I have both xbox and ps2, but i love the xbox much more
  • Jake_TP
    • Apr 2005

I may get both, but I am definately getting the 360.

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

I never had an xBox so I'll probably get a PS3 because I already have two PS2
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• MGM
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.6.x

Xbox 360 for me. PS2 had way too many problems and, outside of its games, it was the worst console this generation. So far, I have seen no games for the PS3 that make me want to buy the system except MGS4, and that wont come out until end of 2006 at the earliest.

MGM out

Comment

• Mainer82
          • Apr 2003
          • 1.1.x

Xbox 360 for me as well. I am very happy with my current Xbox and I like games that came out for it and ones that are coming out for the 360.

Comment

• filburt1
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Whatupdoc
            which one are you planning on getting? for me, i'll get the XBOX 360 because i love the xbox that i got right now. I have both xbox and ps2, but i love the xbox much more
            I'm waiting for the PS3 unless it's as expensive as everybody's predicting (the range of $600).

Points of interest:
            • I hate the PS1 and PS2
            • I have an Xbox and like it
            • I feel the Xbox 360 is not a sufficient upgrade over the current Xbox
            • I hate that they made the hard drive--something necessary for backwards-compatibility--optional and a ludicrous $100 extra
            • Speaking of backwards-compatibility, not all games, and I'm suspecting few games, will really be backwards-compatible due to the extreme change in architecture, even though the PS3 is backwards-compatible with PS1 and PS2
            • I don't prefer to meet the kids playing M-rated games on Xbox Live.

On that last point, the people on Xbox Live are inversely aged by the ESRB rating of the game they are playing. When I played Tetris Worlds (E), it was full of late-20s and early-30s gamers of both genders enjoying pleasant conversation and congratulating each other when one wins. When I played Wolfenstein (M), it was full of trash-talking profane minor boys. A shame because I like FPSs like Halo and Wolfenstein.
            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Vile
              • Jul 2002
              • 3.6.x

Both..and maybe the Revolution as well.
              Webmaster / Administrator
              www.MegaGames.com
              www.MGForums.com

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                • Sep 2004
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MGM
                Xbox 360 for me. PS2 had way too many problems and, outside of its games, it was the worst console this generation.

...Outside of the games? Last time I checked that was one of the highest prioroities of a GAMING system.

I'll be getting a Revolution before I get either of these. Then probably a PS3.

Comment

• MGM
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by filburt1
                  I'm waiting for the PS3 unless it's as expensive as everybody's predicting (the range of $600).

Points of interest:
                  • I hate the PS1 and PS2
                  • I have an Xbox and like it
                  • I feel the Xbox 360 is not a sufficient upgrade over the current Xbox
                  • I hate that they made the hard drive--something necessary for backwards-compatibility--optional and a ludicrous $100 extra
                  • Speaking of backwards-compatibility, not all games, and I'm suspecting few games, will really be backwards-compatible due to the extreme change in architecture, even though the PS3 is backwards-compatible with PS1 and PS2
                  • I don't prefer to meet the kids playing M-rated games on Xbox Live.
                  On that last point, the people on Xbox Live are inversely aged by the ESRB rating of the game they are playing. When I played Tetris Worlds (E), it was full of late-20s and early-30s gamers of both genders enjoying pleasant conversation and congratulating each other when one wins. When I played Wolfenstein (M), it was full of trash-talking profane minor boys. A shame because I like FPSs like Halo and Wolfenstein.
                  Actually, I believe Sony has said that it won't be over $500...

It's not just $100 for the hard drive... it's $100 extra for a hard drive, a wireless controller, and a wireless headset. And if you're one of the first to buy it, you'll get a remote with it. That's a great deal if I ever saw one. Buying them all seperate would cost you an extra $200+...

You dont know that most games wont be backwards-compatible, thats just speculation. Microsoft has said that the "most popular" games would be on there, but that could be changed to them all.

I agree with the Xbox Live comment, but thats for all consoles and pc gaming, not just Xbox...

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
                  ...Outside of the games? Last time I checked that was one of the highest prioroities of a GAMING system.

I'll be getting a Revolution before I get either of these. Then probably a PS3.
                  The hardware itself sucks. Had games on the PS2 released on xbox, most would probably look and play better. So I AM thinking of the games. A great example is Gran Turismo. A great game in its own right, but what would happen if GT came out on Xbox? You'd get Forza Motorsport, which most agree is better than GT...

MGM out

Comment

Racing games are terrible on the xbox and gamecube. You can't beat the ps2's pressure sensitive buttons.

Comment

• MrNase
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                      Racing games are terrible on the xbox and gamecube. You can't beat the ps2's pressure sensitive buttons.
                      True.

I'll get the PS3 for GT5 and perhaps GTA.. I don't have much more PS2 games and I don't think the others are worth the money
                      That's the end of that!

Comment

• WurkAnimal
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Playstation 3, I'm thinking about buying one. Don't know yet!

Comment

• Onimua
                          • Apr 2005

See as how my birthday's the day after Xbox 360 launches in the U.S., you can guess which one I'm getting.
                          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Chris M
                            • Apr 2002
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Onimua
                            See as how my birthday's the day after Xbox 360 launches in the U.S., you can guess which one I'm getting.
                            PS3

I might get both but probably not for a while after they are released

Chris

Comment

• Creepshow
                              • May 2005
                              • 3.5.x

PlayStation > XBOX

So for me, it's the PlayStation 3 all the way.
                              "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...