Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

That's terrible. At the very least, teachers shouldn't just grab things from students. At least give them a second to respond.
    Forums

Comment

• DJDarknez
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.7.x

The sad part is that this isn't the first time it's happened.

A few years ago, in Florida I think. And it was the principal of the school, not just a teacher.

Whether it was ringing or not, the teacher had absolutely no right whatsoever to approach the student and remove it himself. Not only is it "mean" but these days that could be construed as abuse. The proper thing to do would have been for the teacher to have him bring it up. Which would have been hard for the student to do, considering it's attached.

The teacher is 100% at fault on several levels in this one.

Comment

• Creepshow
        • May 2005
        • 3.5.x

LOL I found it pretty funny actually.

Obviously I think it should not have happended, but it's amusing.
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

• Dude111
          Banned
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          That mean teacher. He did it on purpose. He knew it was a pump and wanted to rip it out. Obviously.
          Lets hope not ...

Comment

• Onimua
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Dude111
            Lets hope not ...
            You'd be surprised how many people do thing on purpose "by accident."
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• MGM
              • Aug 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Onimua
              You'd be surprised how many people do thing on purpose "by accident."
              lol, so he wanted to pull out the pump and give the poor kid some health problems?

MGM out

Comment

• Zecherieh
                • Oct 2000
                • 3.0.0 'Gold'

I had a history teacher once that was strict about phones. If your phone rang during class, he would grab it from you and throw it out the window. Then he would give you some cash to pay for it.
                If a phone rang in class when I was in school, the history teacher would have been trying to refinance his house with the owner of it.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                  • Dec 2000
                  • 3.6.x

That mean teacher. He did it on purpose. He knew it was a pump and wanted to rip it out. Obviously.
                  Teachers are to blame. Kids are the victims.
                  Actually I was stating extreme positions in an attempt to discredit them.

Comment

• Onimua
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MGM
                    lol, so he wanted to pull out the pump and give the poor kid some health problems?

MGM out
                    No, what I mean is some people do hings like that on purpose. Not with this kind of circumstance (I hope), but with other things.

Still... I have never heard of a teacher snatching away something from a student in that kind of manner.
                    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• free thinker
                      • May 2005

I had one teacher pick me up by the neck, another punch me in the face, and yet another poke me in my chest until I put him in the head lock and rammed his head into a locker (in self defense - honest).

It was pretty bad in some of the schools that I attended.

Comment

The kid could have had a smart mouth, who knows...

I am surprised something like this gets around yet the stuff that goes on locally doesn't. I have a story to tell related to mean teachers and what not..

My sister changed schools last year, shortly after this happened at her old school. I don't know all the details but this is what I remember from what my mother told me.

A 6 or 7 year old boy did something the staff didn't agree with, I forget what exactly, point is he broke a rule. As punishment these staff members (principle and others) made him wear a Dress and wig for the rest of the day. It doesn't stop there, they also instructed the rest of the students to refer to him by a female name claiming he was a 'new student'.

Remember we are talking about k - 3 graders here....

Anyway it didn't take long for the kids parents to find out, they took it to court, the people involded where all fired and from what I remember they got a nice chunk of change out of the whole deal from the city.

Comment

• Toneboy
                          • Sep 2001
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Bema Jinn
                          If i had diabetes, i wouldn't want to announce it in class, and definitely not under those cercumstances.
                          My wife doesn't like to tell people about her being diabetic, mainly because people tend to get very protective after they find out. "Can you eat this?", "Can you do this?", etc.

I normally let new friends know discreetly.
                          Site Admin - http://www.savedbygrace.org.uk

Comment

• Bema Jinn
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Toneboy
                            My wife doesn't like to tell people about her being diabetic, mainly because people tend to get very protective after they find out. "Can you eat this?", "Can you do this?", etc.

I normally let new friends know discreetly.
                            EXACTLY. this is the point i was getting at.

Comment

• Sn2
                              • Feb 2002
                              • 3.5.x

Mobile phones should be allowed in schools & colleges anyway, they're there for emergencies and whatnot. Students should atleast be allowed to have their phone on vibrate instead of ring so it doesn't distract anyone and they can still be contacted.

At the college I go to you are only allowed your phone on if you're "expecting" an emergency call. Last time I checked most emergencies aren't planned...

Comment

• WrestleMania
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Sn2
                                Mobile phones should be allowed in schools & colleges anyway, they're there for emergencies and whatnot. Students should atleast be allowed to have their phone on vibrate instead of ring so it doesn't distract anyone and they can still be contacted.

At the college I go to you are only allowed your phone on if you're "expecting" an emergency call. Last time I checked most emergencies aren't planned...
                                Sure

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...