X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creepshow
    • May 2005
    • 3.5.x

txtspk 2 da XtR33M!11 OMG, LOL1

I don't know about everyone else, but "text speak" is really getting on my nerves. Cell phones & the internet are starting to drive me nuts.

I figured in this thread we could share our thoughts on the insanely irritating "txtspk" phenomenon. What do you think? Got any examples to share?

Discuss! omg lol
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!
  • HeyJeeB
    • Jan 2005

'Text speak' is getting on your nerves and you make a post asking for more text speak!

Comment

• Creepshow
      • May 2005
      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by ZeroSixty
      'Text speak' is getting on your nerves and you make a post asking for more text speak!
      LOL Yeah well it also amuses me to a certain extent.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

If I get an email/pm/im/whatever that contains mostly 'text speak' or 1337 speak I just delete it. I'm not wasting my time attempting to understand you if you can't even type correct english.

I can deal with spelling errors and the like, but not this kind of stuff.

Comment

• patriotcow
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Brad.loo
          If I get an email/pm/im/whatever that contains mostly 'text speak' or 1337 speak I just delete it. I'm not wasting my time attempting to understand you if you can't even type correct english.

I can deal with spelling errors and the like, but not this kind of stuff.
          Same here if they don't make an effort asking a question they probobly won't even bother reading my answer.

Comment

• jamesyfx
            • Feb 2005
            • 3.6.x

You know that people who speak to you in text speak aren't serious about anything, and don't really need you for anything.

Thats a clear sign for you to ignore them.!

Comment

• MGM
              • Aug 2002
              • 3.6.x

I was almost not going to click on this thread because I didn't feel like reading the title... luckily the alt text showed me it was against l33t speak and not for it

MGM out

Comment

• KingSpade
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.5.x

If it's short-hand on a cell phone, I can understand, but otherwise, I ignore it totally. If one cannot be bothered to speak correctly or at least with some common english (or other language) then it's not really that important to begin with.

There are foreign languages, then there is leet speak or whatever you would prefer to call it, one I can work with and try to figure out (if I do not understand all totally) the other I don't even bother.

Comment

• Erwin
                  • Jan 2002

You mean like this?
                  Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

• free thinker
                    • May 2005

It took me almost three days before I would even look at this thread, that is how much I hate text-speak and the like. The English language is a beautiful thing. It doesn't need to be tweaked, altered, or improved. I have found it very suitable for my needs. It allows me to express all that I could imagine and more...

Comment

• Creepshow
                      • May 2005
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Erwin
                      LOL Who did that & how did they do it?

Comment

• MGM
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 3.6.x

Google did it (obviously) and all they did was do a letter replace

MGM out

Comment

• Creepshow
                          • May 2005
                          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by MGM
                          Google did it (obviously) and all they did was do a letter replace

MGM out
                          Well I didn't think it was obvious, and why would they do it? What's the point?

Comment

• filburt1
                            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by limp bizkit fan
                            I don't know about everyone else, but "text speak" is really getting on my nerves. Cell phones & the internet are starting to drive me nuts.

I figured in this thread we could share our thoughts on the insanely irritating "txtspk" phenomenon. What do you think? Got any examples to share?

Discuss! omg lol
                            It's a rule on my forums that you have to post in proper English in paragraphs, given I target my audience as professionals.
                            --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                            Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                            vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by filburt1
                              It's a rule on my forums that you have to post in proper English in paragraphs, given I target my audience as professionals.

If only my target audience were professionals...

Comment