Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radon3k
    • Nov 2001

U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist Dead

William Rehnquist, the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court has died.

You can read the FOX News Story here.
  • BamaStangGuy
    Banned
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

He was a respected man and served his country till his last breath.

RIP

Comment

• Zonex
      • Dec 2004

Sad that he died. He seemed a likable fellow but a bit on the conservative side for my taste. Lets hope his replacement is a little more down the middle. You can read more about his legacy here...

Comment

• steven s
        • Jul 2004
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zonex
        Sad that he died. He seemed a likable fellow but a bit on the conservative side for my taste. Lets hope his replacement is a little more down the middle.
        RIGHT!!
        It's odd that we [US] now have a system to stack the Supreme Court in favor of one's [religious] policies. #43's to be exact.
        ...steven
        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

• Zonex
          • Dec 2004

Well the only bright side is with 2 openings there is no way bush can seem to be impartial 2 times in a row. He's going to have to appease both side.
          Sadly something that should not be political is. I lost faith in the court after 2000. I thought it was immune from politics silly me. It's very political instead of reading the constitution for what it is.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
            Banned
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.6.x

I agree the system sucks for setting Supreme Court Justices to the office.

So much for not making a thread about someones death political though

Comment

• Zonex
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BrentWilson
              I agree the system sucks for setting Supreme Court Justices to the office.

So much for not making a thread about someones death political though
              How can it NOT be political? His death raises those questions. That's all they are going to be debating in the media for weeks and months. The death part will last a day if that. Very few will really care that he died. Probably only his close friends and family.
              Anyways, should be interesting to see how the Bush administration handles the 2 appointments in their lap.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                Banned
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.6.x

How can it NOT be political? His death raises those questions. That's all they are going to be debating in the media for weeks and months. The death part will last a day if that. Very few will really care that he died. Probably only his close friends and family.
                Anyways, should be interesting to see how the Bush administration handles the 2 appointments in their lap.
                Create another thread?

I dunno just seems not appropriate to me but I ain't going to continue to bicker over it.

Yes it will be interesting Zonex.

Comment

• free thinker
                  • May 2005

Eww
                  Last edited by free thinker; Sun 4 Sep '05, 8:15pm.

Comment

• andrewpfeifer
                    • Oct 2000
                    • 3.5.x

Well the only bright side is with 2 openings there is no way bush can seem to be impartial 2 times in a row. He's going to have to appease both side.
                    Sadly something that should not be political is. I lost faith in the court after 2000. I thought it was immune from politics silly me. It's very political instead of reading the constitution for what it is.
                    Well, fortunately for us conservatives, that couldn't be farther from the truth. When replacing O'Connor, Bush was forced to pick someone who was a little more towards the center (at least outwardly). Now, with Rehnquist, Bush is going to pick someone way to the right, which is exactly where Rehnquist was. Bush doesn't have to appease anyone. If the democrats wanted to be able to pick who was appointed, they needed to win the election.
                    - Andrew Pfeifer

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by andrewpfeifer
                      Well, fortunately for us conservatives, that couldn't be farther from the truth. When replacing O'Connor, Bush was forced to pick someone who was a little more towards the center (at least outwardly). Now, with Rehnquist, Bush is going to pick someone way to the right, which is exactly where Rehnquist was. Bush doesn't have to appease anyone. If the democrats wanted to be able to pick who was appointed, they needed to win the election.
                      This is true

No matter who he appoints people will complain

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...