Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

PSP hits europe!

It has been a few days now in September, and that means the PSP has hit Europe (finally) and that means you can spoil your kids, or your parents can spoil you or you just spoil yourself and buy this great damn little arcade-in-your-hands-multimedia-console toy and spend hours being disconnected from real life.

Well, the retail bundle with bunch of games and value pack sets you back a solid €500, maybe it is worth the wait, as the PS2 is currently 150 and offers great hardware with the same games and on your TV!

Anyway, drifting..

I don't have mine yet, still saving, so ..

Who bought it, who has actually used the European version, and who played which games ..

This is the european discussion, so you US guys and girls.. stay out! Let us have our delayed fun ..

No Flaming! Ranting! Trolling!

If you haven't gamed it, bought it or ever used it, please don't trash or high it .. but feel free to let us know what it is rocking or not. Arguments are required

The benefits of having this thing after Asia, after USA .. is that those start-up problems such things have are fixed now. There shouldn't be any wobbly screens or dead pixels or whatever it could have had.

I am looking forward to having one as it simply has great games like Wip3ou7 pure * nostalgia here I come! * And great race games like nfs and things like that.

If you ask me, and I have had one in my hands and played with one .. it is worth to own one. If only those damn prices aren't like 45 a piece. What the hell is that? .. I remember back in the days you could get games for 25 guilders here, and that was like expensive double cd releases.. Now if you buy a few games you have like purchased the console twice already haha.

Anyway,
    rawr.
    Last edited by Floris; Tue 8 Jan '08, 11:20am.
  • Quillz
    • Nov 2004
    • 5.0.X

Do the European PSPs have Firmware 2.0? If so... I don't think it's been cracked yet, which means emulators won't work.
    Forums

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

If you say 'crack', I think 'that ain't allowed'. So I wouldn't know.

Comment

• MrNase
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Quillz
        Do the European PSPs have Firmware 2.0? If so... I don't think it's been cracked yet, which means emulators won't work.
        From what I have read firmware v2.0 exists but many of those who were shipped had an older version installed. But a firmware upgrade can easily be done.

I had the chance to see a PSP in a store nearby. As it was late August I wasn't allowed to touch it.
        So far Iam not very impressed.. It's underclocked (200 instead of 333?!) to save battery life, the wifi standard is old (802.11b) and the display is somewhat sensitive to fingerprints.
        I'll stick to my PStwo since the PSP is not (yet) an alternative for me.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...