• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coax
    • Sep 2005

Making your newly started forum popular

What's the secret?
    Good content on the main site?
    A bunch of friends willing to post about nothing all day?
    How do you get strangers to sign up?

I have recently started a forum and I'm trying to get visitors and regulars.
    I already get 500 unique views on the main website, but nobody ever signs up to the forums.
    Thanks in advance for any tips anyone might have, or if I'm allowed to spam my forum url somewhere well trafficked that'd be cool too

Cheers.
  • Lurk
    • Feb 2004
    • 3.7.x

Well, as a friend said.. offer something good.
    Let the flames begin.

Comment

• freako969
      • Sep 2005

The Admin Zone

I am in the same situation as you my friend, i went to the Admin Zone (www.theadminzone.com) and they have lots of articles there on getting new members, how to treat your members and how to make inactives become active again.

It seems the trick is not to invite your friends, as this makes new members feel like outsiders and they dont want to post, dont use your name in your username, post long quality posts and put a lot of articles on your forums about whatever topic your into.

Go on the site though they will tell you everything you need to know.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.8.x

Don't insult members,treat them as customers, others see that and leave.
        It is one of the reasons i dont visit here as often, which is unfortunate as i actually pay alot of money for the software here, and its some of the support team doing the insulting lol..
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• MGM
          • Aug 2002
          • 3.6.x

It doesn't answer all your questions but I think this guide I wrote will help you out some: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116213

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...