X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by jamesyfx
    I'd only consider using Windows Vista on a "disposable" system. Like Linux OS'.
    Well then youll be ok, because the new shell looks exactly like X Windows..
    However, classic windows look is always an option.
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Mainer82
      • Apr 2003
      • 1.1.x

I don't understand why you're complaining, it's your job. Aren't you a beta tester for Microsoft? What do you expect, a beta to not have bugs? Come on... Put your time to better use, report more bugs. I've reported a couple of bugs thus far in my testings.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Ogden2k
        I don't understand why you're complaining, it's your job. Aren't you a beta tester for Microsoft? What do you expect, a beta to not have bugs? Come on... Put your time to better use, report more bugs. I've reported a couple of bugs thus far in my testings.
        Not quite, i am on the beta team, on bug number 125, resolved bugs, 85, you?
        Far from complaining, i am replying in response to someone saying they where going to use Windows Vista, and what i thought about it..

I could care less, i get my pay check..
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• AWS
          • Apr 2000
          • 5.2.x

The IIS and POP bug are annoying. Didn't realize IIS wouldn't start after reboot even with the service set to auto until after I tried to access a page on the box from remote location. Restarting or starting from IIS manager snapin is indeed broke. You have to use services manager to start/restart/stop the service.
          As far as app compatibility I haven't had a problem with anything that I have installed. I use the test box exclusivley now and was able to get VS 2003 installed using a work around and my other dev tools using XP compatibilty mode. In fact if it weren't for compatibilty mode I wouldn't have been able to install much at all as Jon stated.
          Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
            • Nov 2001
            • 3.8.x

IIS start and stop has alway been a issue with beta's, way back with Windows NT 4 and IIS. Suprising is the POP 3 bug, thats a new one for me, have never seen it before myself until now..
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• filburt1
              • Feb 2002

To only stay 50% on topic: my tablet PC has a Geforce FX 5200 Go which, the best I can find, has Pixel Shader 2 support and apparently DirectX 9 support. What level of Aero will it support, express or the super eye candy high-end mode?
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.8.x

There is just express support right now, it is not up to Microsoft to give the high end support, but it could be added in the future.

NVIDIA has the best video support, when compared to others right now in Vista.. But then again we are talking about beta 1 here..

Longhorn Beta 1 Driver List for x86
                Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sat 3 Sep '05, 4:39pm.
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...