X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Gronlund
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.8.x

My God What A Mess

Windows Vista might look pretty, but it would be nice if 50% of the software would actual function on it, and the POP 3 Email would actually work.

If that isn't bad enough, the IIS admin service fails to restart, after adding the Aero Desktop logon by Admin.

Take some advice guys and girls, stick with Windows XP for now

IE 7 works well
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

• BamaStangGuy
    Banned
    • Mar 2004
    • 3.6.x

Its beta what do you expect.. its Beta from Microsoft.. their stable is beta... so yea...

**Starts OS War**

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
      • Feb 2005
      • 1.1.x

IE 7 does it work will in seeing transparencies in .png or is that a myth.
      Another thing with that OS will it still be more business than pleasure like would it be in par with MAC OS for graphics or just they do not care to go that way?
      Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Fri 2 Sep '05, 8:58pm.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
        • Nov 2001
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by BrentWilson
        Its beta what do you expect.. its Beta from Microsoft.. their stable is beta... so yea...

**Starts OS War**
        Ohh it's very stable, very stable and the red screen of death issues are false, it's still blue , it is the compatibility thats the problem, never in my ten years of working for Microsoft have i seen a Beta 1 OS have protocol issues with POP 3, and so many non compatibility issues.

Off i go to submit a few dozen more bug reports..
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
          • Nov 2001
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
          IE 7 does it work will in seeing transparencies in .png or is that a myth.
          Another thing with that OS will it still be more business than pleasure like would it be in par with MAC OS for graphics or just they do not care to go that way?
          You lost me, what about the png transparencies?
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
            • Feb 2005
            • 1.1.x

It suppose to have the ability to view .png graphic as they are ment like in firefox and other browsers already do. I will show you the link to see what I mean.

Could not find the picture of before and after but this link gives you what I was refering to.

Now it I were to alpha it out a little you should be able to see another image like seeing though paper with an oil dropped on it. Two images that overlay and alpha out the top a bit makes it a transparance but right now with IE 6 you can not without placing some code on your page to make work but then other browser will not see cause of this code in page.

Look at attachment it is so beautiful in how pixels are so not thier
            Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Sun 9 Dec '07, 10:18pm.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
              • Feb 2005
              • 1.1.x

kinda reminds me of vector colouring with flash.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                • Nov 2001
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                It suppose to have the ability to view .png graphic as they are ment like in firefox and other browsers already do. I will show you the link to see what I mean.

Could not find the picture of before and after but this link gives you what I was refering to.

Now it I were to alpha it out a little you should be able to see another image like seeing though paper with an oil dropped on it. Two images that overlay and alpha out the top a bit makes it a transparance but right now with IE 6 you can not without placing some code on your page to make work but then other browser will not see cause of this code in page.

Look at attachment it is so beautiful in how pixels are so not thier
                http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sa...encies&spell=1
                I assume so, here is a screenshot with the PNG in IE7, that you attached..

If you do decide to upgrade to IE7 in Windows XP, here is a tip to get past the upgrading desktop items halt errors bug.

Attached Files
                MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 1.1.x

I was going to find that picture of what a transparance suppose to look like but I can not google it back up. It was one pic on top of other but alpha out a little with text on the top pic. I know if I were to do that now on 1E 6, it will just show one solid pic on the other without the alpha transparance .

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                    I assume so, here is a screenshot with the PNG in IE7, that you attached..

If you do decide to upgrade to IE7 in Windows XP, here is a tip to get past the upgrading desktop items halt errors bug.

http://www.microsoftforums.org/forum...hread.php?t=29
                    Is that fix for the beta or did I miss the IE 7 upgrade?

Comment

• Techguy1
                      • Jul 2002
                      • 3.7.x

Joe, would you say it's worth testing the damn thing out on a test machine or is it just too too buggy? I downloaded the sucker from the MSDN site, but if it's too much of a hassle I won't bother for now: no time, really
                      HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund
                        Take some advice guys and girls, stick with Windows XP for now
                        It is beta software. Anyone who knows anything about computers knows you do not put a beta OS as your primary. You install it either on a secondary partition or secondary computer.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jamesyfx
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 3.6.x

I'd only consider using Windows Vista on a "disposable" system. Like Linux OS'.

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                            • Nov 2001
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Techguy1
                            Joe, would you say it's worth testing the damn thing out on a test machine or is it just too too buggy? I downloaded the sucker from the MSDN site, but if it's too much of a hassle I won't bother for now: no time, really
                            The OS itself is not buggy at all, its when it comes to adding other software to it.
                            If you want to install it, and dont plan to use much software with it, youll be fine.
                            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

• Joe Gronlund
                              • Nov 2001
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                              It is beta software. Anyone who knows anything about computers knows you do not put a beta OS as your primary. You install it either on a secondary partition or secondary computer.
                              Well as it always been, the beta team MUST make it their/our primary OS.
                              If we didnt, we wouldnt find many bugs in a big hurry..
                              It would be like not running vbulletin 3.5 RC2 here, as an unstable, but live testing environment..

MSDN users mostly use it as a secondary...
                              Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Sat 3 Sep '05, 8:24am.
                              MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                              Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...