Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Techguy1
    • Jul 2002
    • 3.7.x

Very interesting read indeed... GoogleWeb coming soon to a router near you.
    HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
      • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Onimua
      What box?
      The box that confines what search engine companies do.

Comment

• VietLang
        • Aug 2005
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Techguy1
        Very interesting read indeed... GoogleWeb coming soon to a router near you.
        ROTFL

Comment

• patriotcow
          • Nov 2004

It wouldn't work as a seperate internet, google just want to be their own ISP not their own internet.

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Originally posted by TruthElixirX
            Interesting, got anymore links talking about this? Cause it is kind of hard to believe one person.
            Just search on google.com!

Comment

• Quillz
              • Nov 2004
              • 5.0.X

How could two seperate Internets exist? If anything, GoogleNet will be an ISP, like MSN or AOL. I don't know how popular that would prove, though, since most people associate Google with freebies. (I know I do...)
              Forums

Comment

• Onimua
                • Apr 2005

They have internet 2.0
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• MGM
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Quillz
                  How could two seperate Internets exist? If anything, GoogleNet will be an ISP, like MSN or AOL. I don't know how popular that would prove, though, since most people associate Google with freebies. (I know I do...)
                  Two internets can exist... they just have to be done differently in some ways, ala Google's buying of fiber-optics wiring...

Also, if it was an ISP, it could be a free ISP (such as Net Zero) where you would get various GoogleAds based on what site you're visiting..... this would probably also mean they'd have to develop a GoogleBrowser...

MGM out

Comment

• Quillz
                    • Nov 2004
                    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by MGM
                    Two internets can exist... they just have to be done differently in some ways, ala Google's buying of fiber-optics wiring...

Also, if it was an ISP, it could be a free ISP (such as Net Zero) where you would get various GoogleAds based on what site you're visiting..... this would probably also mean they'd have to develop a GoogleBrowser...

MGM out
                    I didn't know NetZero was free... I thought it was about $9/month... Anyways, a second Internet wouldn't be very popular, at least in my opinion. I think Google is much more likely to simply release an ISP service, as that would probably be better accepted by the masses.
                    Forums

Comment

• MGM
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Quillz
                      I didn't know NetZero was free... I thought it was about $9/month... Anyways, a second Internet wouldn't be very popular, at least in my opinion. I think Google is much more likely to simply release an ISP service, as that would probably be better accepted by the masses.
                      Well, it used to be free... and I thought they still had a free version that had ads and not many features when the paid version came out?

MGM out

Comment

• Vtec44
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 3.7.x

I believe NetZero has a free version, but it's limited to 10hours a month.
                        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                          • Jun 2002

Gees, that's a big downgrade from their "unlimited" free plan they use to have.
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MGM
                            I doubt they are building their 'own internet', that's why I linked to the page above which I notice no one who replied bother to read .

They are more than likely buying dark fiber to connect things needed to run their services. Be is servers or important customer data or allowing two people to work together from separate offices without dealing with the normal congestion you get when working over the internet. Last but not least owning your own internal network allows you to transfer sensitive data without worrying about someone sniffing it while the packets bounce from server to server over the public internet.

Comment

• patriotcow
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Brad.loo
                              Last but not least owning your own internal network allows you to transfer sensitive data without worrying about someone sniffing it while the packets bounce from server to server over the public internet.
                              Unless somone cuts the cable and quickly rewires an end of it

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...