• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • free thinker
    • May 2005

Hurricane Katrina - One Mean Mother $$$$$$

Looks like this might be bad.

HAVE A LOOKSEY

That is ONE BIG STORM...with a focused eye!

Batten down the hatches!
  • Onimua
    • Apr 2005

Yep -- winds are now are 184MPH and the pressure's now at 902. It's being said that Katrina will make the top 5 worse storms in history.

EDIT: They measured the eye 29 miles wide.
    Last edited by Onimua; Sun 28 Aug '05, 10:47am.
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• HenryG2
      • Mar 2002
      • 3.8.x

How is New Orleans taking this?

Comment

• MGM
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Onimua
        Yep -- winds are now are 184MPH and the pressure's now at 902. It's being said that Katrina will make the top 5 worse storms in history.

EDIT: They measured the eye 29 miles wide.
        Top 5? Seriously? Wow, didn't think it'd be that big... Anybody know which way its moving?

MGM out

Comment

• free thinker
          • May 2005

Originally posted by MGM
          Top 5? Seriously? Wow, didn't think it'd be that big... Anybody know which way its moving?

MGM out
          Straight for New Orleans...you know, the city "below" sea level. They are ordering a massive evacuation.

Comment

• cbiweb
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.1.x

I have a feeling not only is history going to be made, but a lot of history is going to be destroyed...
            ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Onimua
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by MGM

MGM out
              Actually, it's now in the Top 3.

Still a category 5, and looks like it will stay as such when it hits shore. It's going NNW now I think.

I grabbed some useful links for people:

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ath_large.html [projected path]

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ack_large.html [current stats and location]

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ast_large.html [water level effect on shore]

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ite_large.html [just a image of how big it is]

Comment

• MGM
                • Aug 2002
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Onimua
                Actually, it's now in the Top 3.

Still a category 5, and looks like it will stay as such when it hits shore. It's going NNW now I think.

I grabbed some useful links for people:

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ath_large.html [projected path]

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ack_large.html [current stats and location]

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ast_large.html [water level effect on shore]

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...ite_large.html [just a image of how big it is]
                wtf? It's moving towards MI!? NOOOOOOOOOOO!

MGM out

Comment

• bahawolf
                  • Oct 2002

I have a friend near Jennings, Louisiania which is near the south west coast of LA (Near the Texas / Lousiania border), and I have nothing but bad news to give.

Right now there is about 100,000 people stuck in New Orleans because all transportation out of there is now gone, and noone is going back now. The surges are expected to reach 30 feet now, and the walls around New Orleans blocking the water are only about 15 feet.

Right now majority of the people are in a dome in New Orleans which has been said to only hold up to 100mph winds, and will soon go down, if that is true. I'm going to send a prayer out to them, and when the donations have started, donate money to them to help out.

I ask that tonight you remember to give a prayer out to them, please.

Comment

• HenryG2
                    • Mar 2002
                    • 3.8.x

The news said earlier that they're estimating 1,000,000 people to be homeless after tomorrow.

Comment

• Onimua
                      • Apr 2005

Just as if things weren't bad enough, the flood waters in New Orleans are now actually rising and the mayor has called for the evactuation of everyone in the Superdome to evacuate.

Comment

• maggie
                        • Jan 2004

The floodwater, now at 20 feet in some areas, is expected to rise another 9 to 15 feet overnight tonight.
                        That's not counting the damage done in Mississippi, where Biloxi and Gulfport are virtually gone.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2004
                          • 3.6.x

Time for those who we have helped out in the past to open up their check books and ask us what we need.

Comment

• maggie
                            • Jan 2004

True, but it's probably better to not wait for that but to do what we can now.
                            You close to there, Brent? Amazing to think of 1,000,000 people homeless basically overnight (the ones who survive)...

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2004
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by maggie
                              True, but it's probably better to not wait for that but to do what we can now.
                              You close to there, Brent? Amazing to think of 1,000,000 people homeless basically overnight (the ones who survive)...
                              I live in Northern Alabama, and have many friends and family living in Baton Rouge and Mobile which was hit extremely hard as well.

I vacation in Gulf Shores Alabama alot, which has seen now 3 major hurricanes in the past year directly hit or made landfall close to it. It is a disaster area south of Montgomery Alabama.

New Orleans needs the worlds help right now. NO to Mobile needs the worlds help right now.

The water CONTINUES to rise in NO. 1,000,000 people expected to be left without a home! 100,000,000,000 DOLLARS worth of damage.

Some people went to sleep in that Superdome one night with their house in one piece and woke up to it under water.

Words can not express the pain they feel and I feel right now since this has happened.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...