Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

Me and Onimua might start a gaming political site soon (if you want to discuss gaming politics, thats i), keep a look out for it in my sig

MGM out

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
      Banned
      • Mar 2004
      • 3.6.x

Just thought I would drop in and tell you alittle bit about what me and a friend are starting up.

I have purchased the domain name http://www.conflictingviews.com and me and a friend are going to start up a blog/forum site.

With this site we want to provide a forum for educated calm debate. This can be made possible believe it or not with the right moderation on the forums and the weeding out of the problem members. Our rules will be simple, precise and stricly enforced on the forum. We will not tolerate anything but constructive debate

We also have the idea of us each having a seperate personal blog on the site where we can each take on issues that are important to us and give our take about the issues regarding whether we agree with it or not and why and why not....

Now the good thing about this is that while I tend to be conservative in my views he tends to be liberal in his views. He voted for Kerry I voted for Bush and I think this brings something to the site already. A balance in power. Both the admins will have different views and provide a balance. This keeps the site from leaning one way or another. This is how the name came about as well.....

We plan on using rss news feeds from google right now.

We are just getting the ball rolling and are about to purchase another vBulletin site as I already run one decently successful forum http://www.mustangevolution.com

Once we get everything setup I will make a post on here introducing the site and welcoming those who wish to sign up to come on over!

I am pretty excited about it and so is he as current events is something we both are extremely interested in!

Comment

• TalkMilitary
        • Mar 2003

I have a political and rant type forum at www.symforums.com Unfortunately I have not had any free time to develope it yet after I aquired it and converted to vB. Feel free to check it out, but it is not much yet.

Comment

• AWS
          • Apr 2000
          • 5.2.x

I have a forum that didn't start out as a political debate forum but it has turned into one.
          Check it out here.
          It isn't for the faint of heart. The political debates can get heated and language may be harsh. We don't censor anything of course if a user comes in to spew expetives without making a point we have a special group for them.
          Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

• free thinker
            • May 2005

I think we should compile a list of political forums hosted by admins who use vB for their forums. That way when a thread goes downhill here, the mods/admins can suggest a political forum to discuss such things...

Comment

• TalkMilitary
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by AWS
              I have a forum that didn't start out as a political debate forum but it has turned into one.
              Check it out here.
              It isn't for the faint of heart. The political debates can get heated and language may be harsh. We don't censor anything of course if a user comes in to spew expetives without making a point we have a special group for them.
              I don't have time to register and participate there... too much going on. But I do want to say I absolutely love the way you have that laid out! Looks great.

Comment

• BamaStangGuy
                Banned
                • Mar 2004
                • 3.6.x

Just an update

Conflicting Views Political Forums are open to the public!

Comment

• free thinker
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by BrentWilson
                  Just an update

Conflicting Views Political Forums are open to the public!

Nice layout Brent. I'll be joining later...

Comment

• fpouk
                    • Oct 2004
                    • 3.6.x

I run a sports forum which has a political board and the political board has more posts than the sports boards..
                    SEC sports forum and SEC sports message board for SEC basketball and SEC football fans.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...