Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • free thinker
    • May 2005

Any admins here with political boards ?

Are there any admins here with political boards? or current events boards?

*looking to join one or two*
  • Jan Klerks
    • Jul 2002

I'm this close to delete all political or religious threads on my board for they really are the lousiest subject to discuss, especially on the internet.

Comment

• Radon3k
      • Nov 2001

Check my sig. It's almost ready to open, I'm finishing up the design and backend for the main site. I have a style for the forums ready to go. Obviously there aren't going to be that many posts when it first opens however I'm hoping some of the topics that I will be posting will spark some interest.

Comment

• error404
        • Mar 2004
        • 5.7.X

This is one i moderate

Access the New Ummah Forum About Ummah Forum – A Brief History Welcome to the Ummah Forum, a vibrant and engaging online community for Muslims ... Read more

very political and all
        MPADC

Comment

• Khaleel
          Banned
          • Oct 2004

mpadc, thats an islamic and religious forum, I respect you for moderating it, as those type of forums require carefull moderation and hard work. Im muslim im signing up!

Comment

• error404
            • Mar 2004
            • 5.7.X

Yes its an islamic religious one but different from the other islamic boards..in terms of trying to understand each other and bridging the gap and all...cos at the end of the day dialogue and discussion is the only way we can understand what other people think and not just bashing all the time..very cosmopolitan in terms of posters different religion races cultures and all

.feel free to join
            MPADC

Comment

• zanack
              • Jun 2004
              • 3.6.x

I've just taken a quick look at your board mpadc and am very impressed! You've got some very interesting and stimulating material there and I shall have another proper read when I return from my holiday - going off tomorrow night. Thanks for giving us the link!

Comment

• free thinker
                • May 2005

Originally posted by Jan Klerks
                I'm this close to delete all political or religious threads on my board for they really are the lousiest subject to discuss, especially on the internet.
                gEE tHANKS

That's why I am looking for a "political" board, so I can chat about it, without overworking the vB mods or stressing out other laid back forums...

Comment

• free thinker
                  • May 2005

Originally posted by Radon3k
                  Check my sig. It's almost ready to open, I'm finishing up the design and backend for the main site. I have a style for the forums ready to go. Obviously there aren't going to be that many posts when it first opens however I'm hoping some of the topics that I will be posting will spark some interest.
                  I have been watching, how about a date?

Comment

• Radon3k
                    • Nov 2001

To be honest, I hesitate to give a date just because I don't want that date to come and then pass without the site opening. I am working on it hard and there really isn't that much more to do. A general time frame would be within a month barring any unforeseen problems that may arise however I really would love to get the site open much sooner than that as there is a lot of things that I want to discuss. I'm shooting to have it open by this weekend if everything works out as it should.

Comment

• free thinker
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by Radon3k
                      To be honest, I hesitate to give a date just because I don't want that date to come and then pass without the site opening. I am working on it hard and there really isn't that much more to do. A general time frame would be within a month barring any unforeseen problems that may arise however I really would love to get the site open much sooner than that as there is a lot of things that I want to discuss. I'm shooting to have it open by this weekend if everything works out as it should.
                      Let me know when. I've always wanted to be the first person to join a forum (except for when I am the admin of course )

Comment

• TruthElixirX
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 3.6.x

Haven't been here in a while but www.anarchystar.com was semi-decent. Might have fallen apart since then htough. Quit going. To many liberals.

Comment

• Tailfeathers
                          • Jun 2004
                          • 3.6.x

I'm a member and admin helper over at http://www.theworldofpolitics.com -- it's a really nice place for political discussions and more. Really good balance betweent he sides.
                          Photography :: Bird Information and Help

Comment

• Biker
                            • Oct 2003

Check out Global Affairs.
                            I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

• Christine
                              • Aug 2001

Politics is about 20% of the activity on our site, but 90% of the 'report to mod' complaints. Nasty business, that.

If you are looking for like minded, I recommend:

Liberal: http://www.democraticunderground.com/

Conservative: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/browse

Neither really pander to the other, but both a good source depending on the information you are looking for (or may need in a discussion).

L'chaim

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...