X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirectPixel
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine
    What would they be hiding? Scottland Yard? Besides, no nation would start flying planes over England without first asking for permission. It would be an international incident.
    It's not like Britain doesn't have a military. Every single country has its secrets, no matter how small.
    :)

Comment

• Cloud Strife
      • Jun 2002
      • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Originally posted by Dean C
      In fact after thinking this through, there's no way that plane was breaking the sound barrier. I'm 95% sure that it's against the law to go supersonic over land. Chances are what you saw was a jet fighter (which make a hell of a racket). They come over my house quite often as I'm near a big army base. They can be heard for about 20seconds before they fly over and the sound is that loud it bounces around and you'll often end up looking in the wrong place for where the jet is coming over.
      Ive seen jet fighters before and they look nothing like that. Plus this was damn huge.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
        • Feb 2005
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Cloud Strife
        Ive seen jet fighters before and they look nothing like that. Plus this was damn huge.
        Here is your Triangle or it could of been the new test version america has.
        As for things beening big, well the moon sometimes looks 10 times its size but it is always the same distance away. Hint! Hint!
        F-117A Nighthawk stealth fighter attack aircraft was developed by Lockheed Martin after work on stealth technology, and the predecessor test…

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Colin F
          According to the movies most things can be monitored by satellite as well... and when I think about things like google maps I tend to realize that this actually seems to be easily possible
          Googles Maps.....Blah and yes the americans always send up a satellite without telling ppl that they have launch one into space.

I like N.A.S.A. World Wind
          Code:
          [URL="http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/"]http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/[/URL]
          Code:
          [URL="http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/screenshots-o.html"]http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/screenshots-o.html[/URL][URL="http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/screenshots-o.html"]
          [/URL]

Comment

• free thinker
            • May 2005

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
            As for things beening big, well the moon sometimes looks 10 times its size but it is always the same distance away. Hint! Hint!
            http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/f117/
            Just reading that article makes me want to sing the theme song from Team America: World Police

Comment

• chrispadfield
              • Aug 2000

What would they be hiding? Scottland Yard? Besides, no nation would start flying planes over England without first asking for permission. It would be an international incident.
              Maybe location of nuclear weapons?! My guess if it really was a "spy plane" that was seen, it would be an English one doing security monitoring, that or a new super duper traffic warden giving parking tickets or issuing speeding tickets.
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk
              DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Dean C
                • Mar 2002
                • 3.5.x

Bare in mind it was night, bare in mind it's outside of the range of time of your average sleep-wake cycle which in turn inhibits your cognitions. It's highly likely that you're exagerrating what you saw. And regardless of what you say about the sound barrier, it's illegal to break it over land in the UK.
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• free thinker
                  • May 2005

Oh man, I have seen some crazy UFOs.

*notice that I did not say aliens, I said ufo's, as in the literal meaning...*

Comment

• DirectPixel
                    • Jan 2002
                    • 3.5.x

I saw aliens this morning. But then I poured milk into my bowl and I ate them. They were green-colored, and looked almost as if they were four-leaf clovers.

I could hear their miniature screams as I ate them. They taste like marshmallows.
                    :)

Comment

• free thinker
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                      I saw aliens this morning. But then I poured milk into my bowl and I ate them. They were green-colored, and looked almost as if they were four-leaf clovers.

I could hear their miniature screams as I ate them. They taste like marshmallows.

*mmm, wants to eat aliens as well*

Comment

• Cloud Strife
                        • Jun 2002
                        • 3.0.0 'Gold'

Bare in mind it was night, bare in mind it's outside of the range of time of your average sleep-wake cycle which in turn inhibits your cognitions. It's highly likely that you're exagerrating what you saw. And regardless of what you say about the sound barrier, it's illegal to break it over land in the UK.
                        Thats fine, but the sound barrier definately was being broken.

Comment

• free thinker
                          • May 2005

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Dean's statement does come pretty close to calling you a liar, simply without saying it.... Which simply put, isn't nice...

* just calling it like i see it *

Comment

• Dean C
                            • Mar 2002
                            • 3.5.x

I'm not calling you a liar as the poster above implies , however there is no way that the sound barrier was being broken. Not a chance, as others would have heard it, reported it and it'd have made some kind of news.
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                              • Feb 2003

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                              http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/f117/
                              That doesn't have lights on it and the US wouldn't be flying it over England. Iraq maybe, but not England.
                              I'm not calling you a liar as the poster above implies , however there is no way that the sound barrier was being broken. Not a chance, as others would have heard it, reported it and it'd have made some kind of news.
                              You keep saying that there is no way that the sound barrier was being broken, but then you say that jets can break the sound barrier. If something can break the sound barrier, then there is a way that it can be broken.

Comment

• the Sandman
                                • Jul 2003
                                • 3.7.x

Did it look anything like the model Cmdr. Ed Straker is holding?

The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                                Articles - Forum Review
                                Interviews:
                                KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                                Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...