X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DirectPixel
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Cloud Strife
    Yeah. I saw that one too.. Don't really know what to make of all this. I need to know what it was that I saw!!!
    Ease up on the ex there.
    :)

Comment

• ManagerJosh
      • Jun 2002

I'm assuming you saw this plane in the dark? If so, them I'm not saying anything. I already know what it is already -_-"
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Colin F
        • May 2004

Well, that gives me an excuse to stare out the window the whole day at work
        Best Regards
        Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Jose Amaral Rego
          • Feb 2005
          • 1.1.x

The fastest unknown object caught on tape was 4000 mps [not mph] s=second. The object was caught on home video and one other filmed by N.A.S.A astronauts filming earth. As for what u seen, it could of been so many planes that can reach mach 1 to here such a sound. That kind of noise is heard so often in the Arizona - Mohave Desert.

*edit*
          Nice shot of an airliner
          I'm living in the UK and I saw while I was outside in my garden, something really big that was fling really fast and really big breaking the sound barrier. I don't believe in aliens and spaceships etc. But it was really wierd. Even if it was a concorde it was very big to be that. It had lights all around it in a circular shape.
          Last edited by Jose Amaral Rego; Wed 3 Aug '05, 11:03pm.

Comment

• Boofo
            • Apr 2002
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
            I'm assuming you saw this plane in the dark? If so, them I'm not saying anything. I already know what it is already -_-"
            What is it then?
            vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• Chris M
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Boofo
              What is it then?
              Jesus on a jetski

Satan

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Boofo
                What is it then?
                I'm taking this secret to my grave
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Boofo
                  • Apr 2002
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                  I'm taking this secret to my grave
                  Ahhh, a tease then.
                  vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

• chrispadfield
                    • Aug 2000

Off topic but I once saw something I have never been able to explain. I was coming back on a coach driving through france and saw something flying over the fields. It was going fast but not that fast, I would have said 100mph, and it wastn't that big - no way big enough for a person to be inside. I rubbed me eyes to make sure not imagining it and it was stil there. Watched it for a good 20 seconds before it went behind the coach. No idea what it was; too big to be some remote controlled plane (and too fast). Weird.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk
                    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Dean C
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 3.5.x

It's definately not Concorde, as Concorde is forbidden from breaking the sound barrier over land
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                        Wow. If its a spy plane, its highly ineffective. Everyone saw it.
                        I doubt it is a spy plane. Who on earth would be spying on England? England has nothing to hide, and no country I'm aware of has a propulsion system that is capable of what was described. If they did, they'd be using it in the space race.

Originally posted by pastickevin
                        I would guess it is a new war device. Probably stolen from the United States.
                        That is unlikely, what would its purpose be?

Originally posted by LEAD_WEIGHT
                        The fastest unknown object caught on tape was 4000 mps [not mph] s=second. The object was caught on home video and one other filmed by N.A.S.A astronauts filming earth. As for what u seen, it could of been so many planes that can reach mach 1 to here such a sound. That kind of noise is heard so often in the Arizona - Mohave Desert.

*edit*
                        Nice shot of an airliner
                        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=933680&postcount=26
                        Take a picture of an airliner that looks like that and get back to us.

Comment

• chrispadfield
                          • Aug 2000

England has nothing to hide
                          Asserting that dosen't make a huge amount of sense If they had something to hide, wouldn't the point be to make you think they have nothing to hide?!?

As far as I understand it there are a number of planes continually monitoring London right now; just like the NATO planes sent to the Athens olympics.
                          Christopher Padfield
                          Web Based Helpdesk
                          DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• Colin F
                            • May 2004

According to the movies most things can be monitored by satellite as well... and when I think about things like google maps I tend to realize that this actually seems to be easily possible
                            Best Regards
                            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

• Dean C
                              • Mar 2002
                              • 3.5.x

In fact after thinking this through, there's no way that plane was breaking the sound barrier. I'm 95% sure that it's against the law to go supersonic over land. Chances are what you saw was a jet fighter (which make a hell of a racket). They come over my house quite often as I'm near a big army base. They can be heard for about 20seconds before they fly over and the sound is that loud it bounces around and you'll often end up looking in the wrong place for where the jet is coming over.
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Shining Arcanine
                                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                                Asserting that dosen't make a huge amount of sense If they had something to hide, wouldn't the point be to make you think they have nothing to hide?!?

As far as I understand it there are a number of planes continually monitoring London right now; just like the NATO planes sent to the Athens olympics.
                                What would they be hiding? Scottland Yard? Besides, no nation would start flying planes over England without first asking for permission. It would be an international incident.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...