Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wandrer
    • Apr 2000

First vBulletin Sites Up and Running ?

So whose all got it up and running..... Has anyone done a medium-large site import from UBB to vBulletin ?

Attached Files
  • Menno
    • Apr 2000

I wish...

I wish I had it up, but my mySQL account isn't going to be installed till this weekend
    Attached Files
    - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Apr 2000
      • 3.6.x

here ya go!

Here's a decent example. Still some glitches I have to iron out, but I imported 9000 posts, 12 forums, and about 260 members without much trouble. Aside from the code changes I had to make to compensate that I ran a hacked (very hacked) version of the freeware.

Patagium Games is a leading source for Magic the Gathering and Lorcana trading cards, merchandise, art, and accessories based in Miami, Florida. We ship nationally and internationally and maintain carefully curated gallery quality inventory available on our website.
      Attached Files

Comment

• wandrer
        • Apr 2000

Looks nice...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr Dollarz
          • Apr 2000

???

is vbulletin free?
          Attached Files

Comment

• Matt
            • Apr 2000

Why the infopop copyright ???????

Well your forum looks good but the copyright issue needs to be addressed it this a mistake in the import feature?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Apr 2000
              • 3.6.x

That's what the beta had.

That's what John had as the original copyright in the beta. I haven't changed it yet.
              Attached Files

Comment

• jimbo
                • Apr 2000

eh

I ran into a few problems with server timeouts, but that was on my end.

Other than that, from the time I closed my UBB, I got vBulletin running and open in about 40 minutes. I had to re-do some of the graphics, but other than that it was great. The templates are a little hard to get used to, but once you do, they are AWESOME, slick as hell.

[Edited by jimbo on 04-19-2000 at 11:03 PM]
                Attached Files

Comment

• wandrer
                  • Apr 2000

server usage --- before and after...

I closed my UBB, I got vBulletin running and open in about 40 minutes.
                  any difference in server usage changing from perl to php/mysql ?

Attached Files

Comment

• jimbo
                    • Apr 2000

any difference in server usage changing from perl to php/mysql ?

I couldn't tell you *actual* usage amounts, as it is not hosted in house. I do know, however, that there is no waiting for the inevitable "UBB Blank Screen", where the backgound loads but nothing else. It is all pretty much instantaneous. It is much smoother, is doesn't seem like it's a burden on the server like the UBB does.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Menno
                      • Apr 2000

from what I've seen sofar (seeing as I still have to install mine) vB is much slicker then the ubb, a lot faster to (posting is a breeze here, while UBB discouraged me to post sometimes cause it would take to long)
                      - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• robertjvan
                        • Apr 2000

I'll keep a Eye

on you this weekend. BTW I can in last night from home tonight I'll try from the Legion!

Comment

• Cold Steel
                          • Apr 2000

Here's mine.

aForums.com

Around 1000 members, 45000 posts in 22 forums.

Also hacked the UBB scripts to let users know that we've moved:

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
                          Richard Young, Esq.
                          asian forums | asians
                          Reverse Funnel System - Fastest Way To Monetize Your Forum

Comment

• John
                            • Apr 2000

The *original* vBulletin Forum

The forum from which vBulletin was formed, grew up, and became the product that it is now:

7500 members, 50000 posts...

John

John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• manhattan
                              • Apr 2000

The Straight Dope Message Board is running in Vbulletin after an 8-hour conversion (involving over 450K posts) last Saturday. There were some glitches with timestamps, and the archives are still awaiting conversion, but it mostly went well.

I don’t know the technical stats, but performance is way up from the user’s standpoint. It’s been months since we’ve gone a whole week without a crash. Our biggest problem is that the improved performance is encouraging people to post more. A lot more. Our poor T-1 is gonna die of overwork and loneliness soon if it doesn’t get a mate!

It might be worth a visit to our site if only to peruse the "About This Message Board" forum. Our membership is quite vocal about what they like and don't like about the new software, and one can get a good education into what users are thinking.

Just ignore the parts where we slap them upside the head for quibbling over the small stuff when there has been such a big overall improvement.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...