X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kier
    Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
    • Sep 2000

Originally posted by The_Sisko
    Kier or anybody else, could you please post a picture with your EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and the Extender EF 2X II at 200mm. One with the Extender and one without. I recently upgraded my 70-200 4L to a 70-200 2.8L and been thinking about a teleconverter. Thanks for your input.
    I'm in L.A. right now but I'll do you some pics when I'm back next week.

Comment

• The_Sisko
      • Jun 2000

Thanks alot, I'm looking forward to it.
      The Sisko
      SciFi-Forum.de

Comment

• Radon3k
        • Nov 2001

Does anybody know how to create a rounded effect when taking a picture? This is pretty much what I'm looking for.

Comment

• apfparadise
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Radon3k
          Does anybody know how to create a rounded effect when taking a picture? This is pretty much what I'm looking for.
          That is done with a fisheye lens on a DSLR.

Comment

• Radon3k
            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by apfparadise
            That is done with a fisheye lens on a DSLR.
            Thanks! I was hoping to be able to do it with just my regular lens, but I guess not. I suppose I should begin investing in some lenses if I really want to take the pictures that I want. I suppose it would help if I learned to use what I have as well.

Comment

• apfparadise
              • Jan 2005
              • 3.6.x

yes, the secret to DSLR photography is buying GREAT glass. Specialized lenses will always produce much better results than a "kit" lens. The body is not as important, unless you have very specific needs (like the 5D made to cater the Wedding photographer market) but the lenses are what makes the photos stand out, if you take the talent of the individual behind the camera out of the equation. Those of us who make a living selling our photographs have invested heavily into glass.

Comment

• Radon3k
                • Nov 2001

Originally posted by apfparadise
                yes, the secret to DSLR photography is buying GREAT glass. Specialized lenses will always produce much better results than a "kit" lens. The body is not as important, unless you have very specific needs (like the 5D made to cater the Wedding photographer market) but the lenses are what makes the photos stand out, if you take the talent of the individual behind the camera out of the equation. Those of us who make a living selling our photographs have invested heavily into glass.
                I have a Canon Rebel XT and I like it. I just want to take photographs for fun, nothing professional but I understand what you're saying about needing good lenses. Right now the only one I have is the stock lens so I'll have to make do with that until I get more. I still need to learn and take advantage of the Tv and Av settings.

Comment

• yoohee
                  • Oct 2008

Im really interested on photography and just recently I try it out with the kids and had really a good time. Il post it here soon.

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                    • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Kier
                    I'm in L.A. right now but I'll do you some pics when I'm back next week.
                    ARGH!! KIER! Ur in LA and you don't tell us SoCal vBulletin owners? We'd taken you out to dinner or something...and gotten you drunk
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Kier
                      Former Lead Developer, vBulletin
                      • Sep 2000

I've been to L.A. twice since then...

Haven't forgotten the lens request, sorry for the delay!

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                        • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Kier
                        I've been to L.A. twice since then...
                        SoCal vBulletiners...let's take Kier out to lunch, dinner
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Floris
                          • Dec 2001

Oh you two!

Comment

• Radon3k
                            • Nov 2001

I'm having a hard time figuring out when to use the different settings on the camera. Every time I switch to either Tv or Av there are little numbers that pop up on the screen (which I'm not really sure what they mean). Further, I know I should probably be changing the ISO but I'm not really sure when. Does anybody have any recommendations as to how I can better learn what I'm doing (other than just continuing to play around)?

Comment

• tommykjensen
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Radon3k
                              I'm having a hard time figuring out when to use the different settings on the camera. Every time I switch to either Tv or Av there are little numbers that pop up on the screen (which I'm not really sure what they mean). Further, I know I should probably be changing the ISO but I'm not really sure when. Does anybody have any recommendations as to how I can better learn what I'm doing (other than just continuing to play around)?
                              If you haven't already join a discussion forum dedicated to photography. Although there is alot of knowledge here in this thread a dedicated forum has many more partitipants and threads to read.

But the short answer would be Yes Read the manual multiple times if needed and test things. Try to do it systematically. For example AV means you select the aperture and the camera selects the appropriate shuttertime based on the chosen ISO and how the exposure should be. Take a photo on the lowest aperture your lens allows, then bump it one stop and take a new photo. Continue this for a while. Then compare the photos and the exif info and see what changing the aperture does. You can do the same with TV. Here you select the shuttertime and the camera selects the aperture.
                              Best Regards Tommy

Comment

• MrNase
                                • Jun 2003
                                • 3.8.x

One shot from yesterday evening:

View a large version on black.
                                That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...