• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Regs
    • May 2001
    • 4.2.X

Who to contact regarding blatant customer abuse

Hi,

Can a vB staff member please either post here or PM myself on who I should contact regarding a matter I believe needs serious attention?

I'm specifically PO'ed about the actions taken in this thread here:

Interview with Shawn Hogan, Administrator of DigitalPoint (www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10684).

The thread starter supercedes anything else Floris could possibly take issue with.

From the the same forum rules linked to by Floris:

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
    How in the heck is the thread not considered advertising?

There are 2 sets of rules being set here and I don't think that is right. The abuse needs to stop at some point.

Please let me know the proper contact.

Cheers,

~Regs.
  • AlienSector
    • Oct 2004

Floris has responded to the posting, though I am sure if you feel there are further issues, you could contact him via PM.

Comment

• Regs
      • May 2001
      • 4.2.X

I just did, thanks.

Just curious as to why a staff member stepped in and deleted everything being discussed in that thread yet did nothing when another member was trashed for doing the same thing?

Seriously, that's not a good thing.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

It's safe to say though that you are not aware of all the factors behind a specific decision, nor all the communications regarding this issue. And the fact is that you may not be entitled to this information.

The bottom line is that people have always posted links to their vB forums since day one. As long as this is not overdone, there is nothing in the rules against this and this has always been allowed. A simple read of these forums will confirm this.

This is ONLY an issue because two sites have started to use these forums for their personal war. And THAT is really not a 'good thing'.

We are no longer going to tolerate this.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...