Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Erwin
    • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Gary King
    What I meant was that it would be nice if vBulletin offered a stripped-down version of vBulletin, something like a 'vBulletin Lite' for a cheaper price. Of course, this has definitely been discussed before, and I'm sure in the end, it isn't a good idea to have something like this. But just something for the newbies amongst those in this thread to contemplate about
    Having another lite version of vB means time spent coding it, fixing bugs, closing security vulnerabilities etc - time better spent developing the one version rather than supporting multiple versions.

For what you get, a professional forum script, $160 is ridiculously cheap. In fact, it's unbelievable.

Comment

• MrNase
      • Jun 2003
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Erwin
      For what you get, a professional forum script, $160 is ridiculously cheap. In fact, it's unbelievable.

Jelsoft should charge $250.. You see useless German communities all the way because vBulletin is so cheap.. Make it more expensive and we'll only have the elite
      That's the end of that!

Comment

• Vtec44
        • Jan 2005
        • 3.7.x

It depends on how you look at it. Some of the larger forum owners may think that price is inexpensive, relative to the revenue they get in return. Other smaller forum owners may think that it is expensive because of the lack of revenue from their forum(s). Regardless of the price, I think vBulletin has a lot to offer and a great investment if you think big. I've made my investment in less than 6 months of switching to vB, and my forum is not even for profit.
        So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• TheComputerGuy
          • Apr 2001

money is there to be made people.

Want a cheaper version of vB? Buy the leased option

Comment

• MGM
            • Aug 2002
            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy
            money is there to be made people.

Want a cheaper version of vB? Buy the leased option
            Or use a different product

I prefer vB to be paid myself, gives me a better sense of safety in that I know I'll have great support and not many bugs.

MGM out

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...