X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Floris
    • Dec 2001

vBulletin-Style.com is now open!

Hey everybody, welcome to the show!

I just wanted to let you vB Fans know that the vBulletin-Style.com web site is now open and ready for new registrations.

Please note that this is not an official vBulletin/Jelsoft web site and just my personal hobby web site.

The goal of the web site is to provide a central spot for those who want to share their free styles with other vBulletin customers and need a place to demo it. And for customers who are looking for a free vBulletin style, to browse through them and see them in real time, live, on a stock (and latest version) vBulletin installation - so no need for screenshots!

The web site has a default style which is unique and not for download or for sale, .. hey - we have to stand out and show off what vBulletin can do right? Right! But we already have 10+ styles for you to browse through and all of them are free for download on the vBulletin.com web site by licensed customers. And I am sure there are more to come.

If you have a style that you would like to share please submit it here: vBulletin 3 Download Submissions (read the announcement first please) and contact me with a private message that you would like to demo it on the vBulletin-Style.com web site. Users who demo their style on the vBStyle web site become moderator (staff:designers)

On that note: Come on over and browse around, register if you haven't already and have a blast.

-----
    A special thanks goes out to Ashley from Jelsoft who has been so kind to give me permission to have a domain name with 'vBulletin' in it.
  • MGM
    • Aug 2002
    • 3.6.x

I was going to do this exact same thing, but I'm glad someone as respectable in the vB community as Floris is able to pull it off... great job! I'll be sure to provide some styles whenever I get back to finish designing them

As a suggestion, how about making a "pay-only styles" section so people can post styles for sale (like custom designs or coding work)

MGM out

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

I already had the site, but until recently it was just an alias to vBulletin-Fans.com and I am looking forward to your contributions MGM As for the suggestion, thank you - the plans are there for it, I just did not have the time to talk it over with a few important people

Comment

• MGM
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.6.x

BTW... do we HAVE to upload them here or can we just post them at vbulletin-style.com ? I'm not saying I don't want to, I'm just asking

MGM out

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by MetalGearMaster
          BTW... do we HAVE to upload them here or can we just post them at vbulletin-style.com ? I'm not saying I don't want to, I'm just asking

MGM out
          I believe he wants them posted here. That would remove license liability from his jurisdiction and allow only licensed customers to download the styles.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• tgillespie
            • Dec 2002
            • 3.7.x

Does this not defeat the purpose of vBT? I realize you guys have live demos, but it seems like this same service is already provided by an official vB source. I wish you all the luck, but it just seems like to many resources and not enough attention.
            Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• David Gonzalez
              • Mar 2005

i like the global font you used ^^,

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                I believe he wants them posted here. That would remove license liability from his jurisdiction and allow only licensed customers to download the styles.
                Exactly, but I allow it, if the user who uploads his style.zip understands that unlicensed members can also download the style; I've put that in the sticky thread here: http://www.vbulletin-style.com/showthread.php?t=2

Comment

• George L
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • May 2000
                  • 3.8.x

yet another vB forum I must join

edit: header image seems messed up in firefox on my 1600x1200 monitor
                  Attached Files
                  :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                  :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                  :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• MrNase
                    • Jun 2003
                    • 3.8.x

I don't want to be the party-pooper but what about those rules: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...17&postcount=1
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

• Vile
                      • Jul 2002
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by MrNase
                      I don't want to be the party-pooper but what about those rules: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...17&postcount=1
                      And this thread violates none of those rules. This thread is not advertising, and it's not spam.

Nice looking site Floris.
                      Webmaster / Administrator
                      www.MegaGames.com
                      www.MGForums.com

Comment

• Andrew111888
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by tgillespie
                        Does this not defeat the purpose of vBT? I realize you guys have live demos, but it seems like this same service is already provided by an official vB source. I wish you all the luck, but it just seems like to many resources and not enough attention.
                        vBT is being "closed".

Comment

• MGM
                          • Aug 2002
                          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Yes, that was my original thought on why he did that, I was just thinking that it'd be too much of a hassle for the end user to have to post their styles at a whole different site just to get it up at vb-styles, but since Floris just mentioned allowing people to post their styles on his site without having to post them here, then its all good

MGM out

Comment

• ManagerJosh
                            • Jun 2002

Originally posted by eva2000
                            yet another vB forum I must join

edit: header image seems messed up in firefox on my 1600x1200 monitor
                            What browser are you using George?
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Sn2
                              • Feb 2002
                              • 3.5.x

As he said in his post, Firefox.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...