What is the reason you're using vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used UBB for awhile before I converted over to vBulletin. At the time my reasons for doing so were the mySQL support. vBulletin was really just starting to 'blow up' back in these days, and much of the community was made up of UBB converts (including a a number of staff members), so at the time it seemed like the logical choice.

Why do I stick around? For a couple of reason...I love this community and the people in it, and Jelsoft has never done me wrong in these last 5 years. It will take a lot to make me change to something else now, and I doubt it will ever happen unless Jelsoft goes out of business.

Comment

• mcncyo
      • Jul 2000

I switch from ubb because of the better support on this board and because it use a database instead of just text files.

Comment

• filburt1
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by IDN
        Because it gets me all the chicks.
        Real-life experience:

iBook: "Ooh, what is that? That's cute!"
        Fujitsu Lifebook ultraportable, running Linux not by choice: Months of estrogen-free unhappiness
        Tablet PC: "Whoa, how did you rotate the screen like that? OMG, the eraser works to erase drawings on the screen? How much was that?"

I do use as required icebreaker introductions in college classes (go around the room introducing yourselves) that I run a forum with 12,000+ registered users. I don't mention vBulletin because I don't want to take impact away from the number, which gets a half awestruck (I would hope) silence and half subdued "whoa" from other people.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...