What is the reason you're using vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darkblade
    • Jul 2004
    • 3.6.x

What is the reason you're using vBulletin?

I would like to know why so please tell us your reasons.
    Because I just love it!
    56.25%
    For my own use, what else?
    8.33%
    It's just cool, I guess.
    4.17%
    I just wanna show off to people that I own many licenses.
    0.00%
    I really don't know.
    4.17%
    Because I like the community in here.
    6.25%
    Other (Please Specify)
    20.83%
    Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

My Mods: Coming Soon | My Tutorials: Coming Soon
  • MrNase
    • Jun 2003
    • 3.8.x

Could you make it so that people can vote more than just one thing please?
    That's the end of that!

Comment

• Darkblade
      • Jul 2004
      • 3.6.x

A multiple choice you mean? Nah, that woudn't be fair.
      Metal Gear Forums - Discussion on the popular series of computer and console stealth-based games.

Comment

• MrNase
        • Jun 2003
        • 3.8.x

Well ok so I have to decide what I like most? I go for the community
        That's the end of that!

Comment

• filburt1
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Snake
          I would like to know why so please tell us your reasons.
          Because I just love it! There are parts I think are awesome, most are average, and others I can't stand.
          For my own use, what else? No.
          It's just cool, I guess. It's functional.
          I just wanna show off to people that I own many licenses. No, only own one. I prefer to put all the focus into one really good community instead of distributing it.
          I really don't know. No
          Because I like the community in here. No, as in that's not the reason, not that I don't like the community.
          Other (Please Specify) I had extensive experience with it from other sites as an end user and did not like the free alternatives I tried. I am now committed to it due to a large number of reasons, including the size of my site, my experience coding in it, and contract work/pre-written products and services I do with it.
          --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
          Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
          vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

• Ramiro S
            • Apr 2003
            • 3.6.x

Because it is very flexible and it has lots of great options for customization and administration. It is the most complete solution for communities.

Comment

• Darkblade
              • Jul 2004
              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ramiro S
              Because it is very flexible and it has lots of great options for customization and administration. It is the most complete solution for communities.
              I totaly agree with you!

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

When I bougt vB, it was the most kickass thing I'd ever seen with forums. I knew I hated uBB so there wans't a choice IMO back then, and of course the support

Comment

• Vtec44
                  • Jan 2005
                  • 3.7.x

vB's interface itself is very user friendly, and the sofware offers a lot of options for the users and administrators. I was using UBB before but decided to switch to vB, instead of another forum software out there, because I wanted my current and new users to acclaimate immediately, cutting down the learning curve. Since vB is being used by most larger forums out there, new members browsing my forum won't feel intimidated to sign up because it's already a familiar interface. For a small regional forum, we are experiencing a huge growth, averaging about 100 new members a month. So, the decision I made to go with vB is a correct one.
                  So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

• Forum-Style
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 3.5.x

We use it so that we can produce styles for it, its as simple as that. But i will add i personal love vB over all the forums we style for.

Comment

• Darkblade
                      • Jul 2004
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Vtec44
                      vB's interface itself is very user friendly, and the sofware offers a lot of options for the users and administrators. I was using UBB before but decided to switch to vB, instead of another forum software out there, because I wanted my current and new users to acclaimate immediately, cutting down the learning curve. Since vB is being used by most larger forums out there, new members browsing my forum won't feel intimidated to sign up because it's already a familiar interface. For a small regional forum, we are experiencing a huge growth, averaging about 100 new members a month. So, the decision I made to go with vB is a correct one.
                      I don't know why but you're making me to cry here. I was using IPB (Invision Power Board) for about 2+ years but then... I stopped. I stopped using IPB for many reasons. Their community were seriously rude, the bulletin board itself was crap, some IPB users were hating me. So what? lol As you can see, I've made up my mind and decided to switch to vBulletin. At the time when I was using IPB, I was really making fun and stupid jokes of vBulletin. (Hehe... I am sorry for that.) But then, when I looked in the right sight, I've realized that vB is much better than any other bulletin board. I know, I have looked in the wrong sight in the old days. And I would like to thank all for developing and coding vBulletin together and a big thanks to the support team as well for providing support for their customers. Hope to see vB in the future as the best BB out there!

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                        • Dec 2000
                        • 3.6.x

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                          • May 2002
                          • 1.1.x

I use vBulletin simply because I can create hacks for it at this point. It's not like I can ever make a successful community.

Comment

• knoxious
                            • Apr 2005

Don't laugh, but I like vBulletin because of it's colours... I like how it works and I like all the javascript and stuff... I like looking at the code to it...

It's beautiful :P

OK? It is a work of art in its own rights.

Comment

• Unmutual
                              • Aug 2004
                              • 3.6.x

It's a quality product from a quality company. Nuff said!
                              Homes-Spain

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...