Photopost or VBA Gallery?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ManagerJosh
    • Jun 2002

Granted I don't know your reasoning for limiting the information in the members area, I think it would be particularly helpful if such information was available "outside" the members zone like how it has been done here at vBulletin.com
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• DanaSoft
      • Oct 2003

As a general rule of thumb, issues effecting our software only effect our customers.

Comment

• Craigr
        • Aug 2002
        • 3.8.x

I've been using Photopost for a few years now, at first the script wasn't too integrated with vBulletin, but now it is great.

Any problems i've had with it have been answered and solved very quickly by the support team.

I haven't used VBA Gallery, so sorry i can't compare.
        Special Forces - Roll Of Honour - http://www.specialforcesroh.com

Comment

• tamarian
          • Oct 2000
          • 1.1.x

I've used both, and find them both lacking.

Photopost would be the best, if you want a stand alone gallery package, that looks like it's integrated with vB, in looks and style. The inregration is extremely limited, since they don't integrate into specific forum software, it's designed to be one package that integrates with different forum software in one shot. So if the integration you need is just looks, then it's the one with the most features. You still have to hack and edit headers and stuff, but it's documented on their site. But don't touch it is you want to hack additional features. Their PHP code is plain ugly.

vBAdvanced would be best if you're willing to hack into it and do a lot of "do it yourself". Even the installation requires hacking into vBulletin. The feature set is very limited, compared to photopost. Don't bother suggesting a feature just because photopost has it, they're quite touchy about that. But if you need a gallery to hack into for special needs of your forum, then it's the best one to hack with since it includes global.php by default, and gives you a more direct access to vB functions. Code style is cleaner and more readable than photopost

I could work with both, but would love to see a serious effort by someone else to develop a better quality gallery software for vBulletin.
          vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

• vBadvanced
            • Oct 2001

Originally posted by tamarian
            vBAdvanced would be best if you're willing to hack into it and do a lot of "do it yourself". Even the installation requires hacking into vBulletin.
            The next version will not require modification to any files, and the current version only requires you to make 3 simple modifications to add the options in the admin/modcp and group the templates together.
            Spread Peace,
            Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet

Comment