Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radon3k
    • Nov 2001

Pope John Paul II has died

At 9:37 PM local time, the Holy Father Pope John Paul II died. It is a sad day for Catholics and everyone else. He was first non-Roman Pope in almost 5 centuries. He's had quite an extraordinary life and he's been through a lot.
    Last edited by Radon3k; Sat 2 Apr '05, 11:54am.
  • AtlantisService
    • Jan 2005
    • 3.6.x

ABC, NBC, PBS, CNN, Fox, CBC, BBC, all confirmed.

LIVE LINK from ROME:

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Comment

• eva01
      • Jan 2005

I am by no means religious at all, and in my opinion he is just another person that died today from the hunders/thousands that die every day.

now if only we had TV reports on every single death.

Comment

• Quillz
        • Nov 2004
        • 5.0.X

I consider myself to be religious, but not an intense, "practicing" Catholic. So while I am saddened by the death of John Paul II, I also know that it was probably better for him, since he's now free of all pain an suffering.

RIP John Paul II (1920-2005)
        Forums

Comment

• AtlantisService
          • Jan 2005
          • 3.6.x

Quote from our company blog:

The Pope, John Paul 1920 - 2005

The Pope
          John Paul II
          1920 - 2005

I am sadden today to have learned that John Paul died today at age 84. No matter if you are a man or women of faith... Chances are John Paul had some impact in the world you know today. He will be greatly missed by all, but not forgotten. I do not know what comes after this life. I can only hope that what ever is beyond this life is of a better place and that he is there now.

Good-Bye, John Paul.

Comment

• HexOnxOnx
            • Apr 2003
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by eva01
            I am by no means religious at all, and in my opinion he is just another person that died today from the hunders/thousands that die every day.

But not every person has touched and affected the millions of millions of lives that the Pope has.

He deserves all the TV coverage and more. He has shown the world another lesson: How to die with dignity.

I will miss you Pope John Paul II.
            http://www.icecreamforum.com

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

I am not a religious person. But the pope is the pope, and without him our world would not be the way it is today. He was a great man who did alot of great things.

Comment

• Andrew111888
                • Mar 2003

I agree. I'm not religious at all and I mourn the passing of a great man.

Comment

• Dean C
                  • Mar 2002
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                  I am not a religious person. But the pope is the pope, and without him our world would not be the way it is today. He was a great man who did alot of great things.
                  One such example of how he has shaped the world that you live in? I mean I'm not going to get into a debate about something I honestly know so little about (The Pope). I have no recollection of any events that involve the Pope other than the millenium mass, and can't find any information on any particularly great things that he has done besides helping oust communism out of Poland and fighting for human rights.

Nevertheless, I can see millions of people around the world are in mourning so they have my empathy
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• Andrew111888
                    • Mar 2003

He was a major contributer to the downfall of the Soviet Union as well.

Comment

• Floris
                      • Dec 2001

I am very sorry to hear this, his voice meant a lot to a lot of people - spread around the world.

Comment

• patriotcow
                        • Nov 2004

Sad to see somone die, doesnt bother me though.

Comment

• Ionsurge
                          • Nov 2002
                          • 3.8.x

I find it quite disturbing that they have put his body on display on international tv.

Comment

• Daniel P
                            • Apr 2002

He had a major contribution to the fall of the Communist regime in Poland. Also, he was the first Pope to ever visit non-Catholic countries(like Romania, in the late 90s).
                            RIP John Paul II

Comment

• Joseph777
                              • Sep 2004

Although many may share this opinion, to state it at this time seems quite intolerant and distasteful...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...